Most recent wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 29th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Most recent wedding
Michael Kraus Michael Kraus is offline April 29th, 2014, 12:39 PM

Got to shoot at a pretty cool venue called Moon River Ranch in Waco, Tx the other day. The couple was great as well. It's the first wedding in a very long time that I booked myself. Typically I'm a second shooter. It was actually quite fun to have more control over the creative process.

Mainly just posting for the sake of interest and critique. Enjoy:

Justin and Lindsey Trailer | Waco Wedding Video - YouTube

Shot on Canon 6d and T2i
Konova K2 slider

Michael Kraus
Major Player
Views: 2611
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Most recent wedding

Hey Michael, I'm jealous. That place had a lot of character. I wouldn't know where to point my camera -- too many interesting things everywhere.

I think what I liked most about the video was the restraint of the opening and closing, with the pace of the music and slow motion. It was more soulful, whereas most videos are superficial. In terms of shots, the landscape shots at the start were pretty eye-catching for me, and also the blurred-out-dancing shot at 3:08 -- definitely had some sort of mood, emotion.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Tan View Post
Hey Michael, I'm jealous. That place had a lot of character. I wouldn't know where to point my camera -- too many interesting things everywhere.

I think what I liked most about the video was the restraint of the opening and closing, with the pace of the music and slow motion. It was more soulful, whereas most videos are superficial. In terms of shots, the landscape shots at the start were pretty eye-catching for me, and also the blurred-out-dancing shot at 3:08 -- definitely had some sort of mood, emotion.
Thanks for the kind words! Yeah I've made a ton of highlight videos for other clients that just want to include everything as fast and energetic as possible. I just couldn't do that with this one. I remember actually exclaiming at the venue "I can literally point my camera anywhere and it's a good shot!". It's great to have a refreshing shoot every once and a while.
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #4
New Boot

Kudos, I like the film. Joe Simon influence? Handheld shots a bit to loose for me, a video monopod would lessen the distraction of the movement IMHO. Good movement otherwise, unique grading.

John Summerfield
Summerfield Films | Toronto Wedding Videography
John Summerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Nice work!
and yes, Adrian, great venue.

In terms of the camera movement, I thought it worked (especially for this wedding's feel).

Were the non-slider shots monopod, rig, or purely handheld? (Monopods can have that handheld look, too, depending on your configuration).
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:42 PM   #6
Major Player

Michael this was awesome in so many ways, wouldn't change a thing

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery