Ceremony on the lake front - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 28th, 2014, 03:06 PM  
Ceremony on the lake front
Robert Benda Robert Benda is offline October 28th, 2014, 03:06 PM

I just finished editing our latest 15 minute video, this one with a ceremony right at the water's edge at their lake cabin. This was actually a destination wedding for them. This was in Minnesota lake country and they are from Nebraska (500 miles away).

I've never had this sort of trouble with the sunlight, and we made some mistakes with exposure as the cloud cover changed and we didn't adjust. I also failed to bring our filters.

Some sound issues too. During the groom's talk to the camera there was someone sweeping just outside the cabin window. For her's, it was silverware sorting.

Despite that, it might be my favorite of the year because of how they came across on camera, and his dancing later. For a big man, he had great footwork.

Robert Benda
Trustee
Views: 6820
Old November 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Ceremony on the lake front

That "say the info" tip is a good one. We generally say it ourselves, and the main information is where the mic/recorder is located. Otherwise, if you attack a reception with a bucketload of sound devices, it's not always obvious what sound source is what when it comes to the edit.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery