A Proposal Film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 31st, 2015, 06:57 PM   #1
A Proposal Film
Craig McKenna Craig McKenna is offline May 31st, 2015, 06:57 PM

I was offered the opportunity to film a proposal recently. The idea was to use a barbershop quartet to sing a song to a newly opened restaurant, but then to turn to the unsuspecting girlfriend and ask her to marry her boyfriend. After two hours worth of planning with the groom-to-be, we finalised our plans and visited the restaurant, met the quartet and readied ourselves.

I got to the restaurant early, and set up some hidden mics - the sound used is a lavalier mic coming out of a Sony M10 from a cavity in the wall where an uplight was positioned. This was just behind the bride-to-be. I then had a GH4 and GoPro close to her proximity for the moment when he proposed, but we had informed the members of the public that filming would be taking place that evening for the new restaurant's YouTube channel. I apologised to the bride-to-be before the quartet arrived due to the cameras being positioned closeby, but she was fine with this and asked if she should remain silent during the performance, to which I answered "No, please enjoy your evening."

During the performance, you can see that she's questioning the proceedings and the barbershop quartet, Proper Sound, make for a fantastic performance and reveal.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!

I really enjoyed this project and would jump at the chance to do more in the future!

Anyone else shot a video that's similar to this?

Thank you for watching!

Craig McKenna
Major Player
Views: 3253

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery