Maximizing Your Time - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #16
Major Player

hey Richard, that is precisely the type of template
stuff I have in mind.

Im even hoping at some stage to have a range of different templates
designed by myself.

I think this approach can play a large part in the time saving features we need.

I personally organise and touch up photos for a few photogs in the area in my spare time. This is basic stuff they need done but I can get creative as I want. My point though is that since I've started using actions in photoshop my life has become much easier and my work, more creative.

the reason is this- I have all the f buttons assigned to different tasks. then all the f+ctrl and also the f+shift. it makes life so easy for doing the mundane tasks like resizing, add brighness/contrast etc., that my brain is still fresh by the time i have all that done to be creative!

I find its all about not tiring. and if templates, actions, etc can get that mundane stuff out of the way quicker, then it leaves us time to sit back and have a look. then step in and get creative!.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Hoggatt View Post
I like the look of 30p but lately I've been shooting with Sony PD 170s and they don't do progressive :( (that's probably the only negative thing I can say about them). There is a time and place to use auto features (I use it sometimes when using the Glidecam) but generally, when you are up on sticks, manual mode is the best option. It may be a bit difficult to break out of the habit of using auto mode but once you get used to manual (and learn your controls very well), you will prefer the control you have.
I usually shoot everything manual too, and I think I will keep on doing that. I just can't let go off the big "M" :)

Also I think I made up my mind on the interlaced part. It's good for certain staged events, but since I also offer HD footage I think the loss of vertical lines gets too noticable.
Ferdi Willemse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques