Wedding DVD to play in the USA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Wedding DVD to play in the USA

Hi all, I have a wedding to shoot on Monday for a girl who lives in America and she wants a DVD to take home with her to play over there. How do I convert this onto NTSC

I own a Z1 and I can just shoot the whole thing in 60i but my other camera is a DSR 250 and this is PAL only, what do I do, shoot it all in pal and convert it then or can it all be imported to a NTSC timeline?
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

My family in law lives in Korea, which also uses NTSC. When I bring a PAL DVD, the DVD player automatically converts it to NTSC. Not sure if all DVD players do that though.

Winfried
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfried Dobbe View Post
Not sure if all DVD players do that though.
I would not count on a DVD player in the US to be able to play PAL disks. Some can do it, but for the majority that's probably not true.

Paul: if you shoot PAL, you can convert the video to NTSC. How exactly that is done depends on what software you are using. The picture quality might suffer a tad bit from that conversion - not much, just a little bit - and you have to weigh this against the alternative of using only your Z1 as a single camera in NTSC shooting 60i.

- Martin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques