Traditions in wedding video forms... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 28th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #16
Trustee

I do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
I was wondering if it would make sense to construct the video normally, with highlights and so forth, and leave long and potentially important scenes, as "DVD Extras", much like a large production movie.
usually I save the entire first dances section for the extras (on packages that get hte extras section). otherwise they get a minute or two of each dance; B&G, bride & father, groom & mother, anniversar dance, etc.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson
I love to see them watch it. It just makes my day when they point and "Ooooo" and "Ahhhh"
I allways watch the movie together with my clients as well, mainly because they have to pay me right after that :D but also to check if it plays allright on their player. I also love the ooohs and aaaaah's :) but I don't do any corrections on the spot. Only if I mispelled something then I correct, but if the dvd plays fine then I consider my job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Villalba
I offer a deluxe edit option that includes a 4 hrs. final edit with the client
Currently I have one package which also includes the total footage of the day, it's often long and boring but some clients want it, it's just the raw footage without the addition of extra music an so on. Your option sounds interesting. The only problem I see in this is if they wait too long to send you the changes. If I would send a copy to them for review, it could take quite a while before they resend it, in the meantime I have to park the complete project somewere on an external drive and those tend to fill up real fast in that way. Adding the dance part in the evening completely as an extra on the dvd sounds interesting as well, based on the reactions I got so far this is often the most popular piece.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques