So I filmed a concert 2 years ago...and just now made a music video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #1
Major Player

So I filmed a concert 2 years ago...and just now made a music video

Ok, 2 years ago I filmed a concert in Dallas for Dramarama. Yeah, not a major band, friends of myself and my wife. However we filmed with 6 Sony Z1u cameras, recorded with DA78 decks, and had fun. Audio is still being processed in LA.
Anyway, DR has a new album and they asked me to put together a music video using concert footage. One thing I learned fast...studio audio does not match well to concert audio, mainly lips.

So I put it together, and exported/uploaded the video for the band to view and proof, they said I could and obviously dont mind if others see it, so I thought i would share.

The video has not been through color, it is a rough cut, it is missing titles, and I put a big watermark on it as previous concert footage spread across the web like herpes in Thailand.

I opted to load it on a DIVX site (stage 6) as you tube is too crummy for me, and I do not want to own my own web server.
You will need a DIVX web player to view it.

The song is Physical Poetry, Band is Dramarama, and kudos to anyone who knows who they are.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/blackmug...ry-Music-Video
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #2
Trustee

Hey Jim,

I liked it.

It's a rough cut, so I'm guessing you've done no colour work, but the shots are good, interesting footage. I thought you did a good job of matching the concert footage with the studio recording (at least in the sense of its rhythm).

Some of the camera work in shaky without seeming like it was on purpose. You might want to look at either emphasing it to make it part of the look, or slowing those moments down, or removing them.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the clean sound of the song matched to obvious concert footage. Can you mix in some crowd noise, or EQ the song a bit to give a sense of the room? Or maybe mix in a bit of the actual concert recording?

You see some good footage of the audience at the end. For some reason, I wanted it to be in slow motion.

Great song, by the way.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques