First SDE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Major Player

First SDE

Just wanted to pass a long a little information about my first SDE. Don't do many weddings - too much workn and I'm too old but thought I'd try the SDE trick. Only had an hour between ceremony and showing! Working with two shooters I did handheld for the processional shooting to DV tape. when the B&G got to the arch I went to the tripod which had been stationed to the side and where my laptop was set up. I had considered gretting a Firestore for this purpose but too much maoney and seems to be somewhat tempermental. So I used DV Rack and a laptop. I had the program started and running before the ceremony started and a firewire hooked up to the computer. Since I don't stop my cam once it startes at a two cam ceremony I just placed my cam on the tripod and aimed it and connected the firewire. When I did that the DVRack recognized the cam and started recording. I then had everything at the alter on tape as well as already on the hard drive so I didn't have to capture anything in the short period of time I had. I had already made up a montage with interviews with the B&G interspersed and had that rendered as an avi on the hard drive. I had set up a spot in the presentation to place the SDE footage. Using Vegas I then placed the avi on the timeline and edited in the SDE scenes - not a lot- and printetd to DV tape. Was done with time to spare. PLayed the result from a DV cam to a projector and everyone seemed to like it. But like I said before - toooo much work. But it was cool.

Thought I'd share the experience.
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Terry,
Thanks for sharing your experience with a SDE. I'm still waiting for a turn to try one at a Quinceanera but don't see the perfect opportunity to try it out yet. Maybe next year. Glad it worked out well and the crowd enjoyed it. Take Care

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques