What is included on your wedding DVD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #1
New Boot

What is included on your wedding DVD?

Can I ask what you include on the finished DVD the couple get? We use motion menus and chapters and we currently just need 1 DVD and include the following each as a separate chapter:

Highlights version (15-20 minutes in length including key moments from the day with slow motion and music)
The entire wedding ceremony from start to finish
The first dance
The speeches (if they are short, they're in the highlights version)

We also have some ala carte options that would be included if chosen (like a couple's biography, reaction interview, movie trailer). We haven't tackled the SDE arena yet. I see a lot of folks sharing what I would call a movie trailer, but calling it "highlights". What is the trend? I like to have our own creative twist to things, but I'd like to know what couples seem to want most around the globe. Thank you for your time and willingness to share.
Bobbi Urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I include short highlight/intro, full ceremony, full reception edited down to a decent length.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Major Player

I do that as well.
Old September 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Trustee

Depends on the package

I include more and more the higher up they go. The bottom feeders (bad phrase I know, but these are the gigs where I practically make no money and occasionally will come close to breaking even)... an way.... The bottom packages get a straight DVD with canned background pictures provided by DVDA, a menu for the chapters (could be multi pages) and that is it.

Any other package gets higher up gets extras (long dances, greeting line, etc).

If the client purchased a Photo Memory Movie, I put that on the DVD as well.

The highest packages get custom backgrounds taken from frame grabs (or more likely) stills.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I include a long and short version now, the short version is about 40-50 minutes in length and coveres the full day edited down to the highlights, usually it consist out of 6 parts. The dvd menus are allways custom made with images from the day but usualy quite simple in set up.
The long version is everything I filmed that day without extra music or creative editing, just a plain registration of that day with only the original sound from the camera. I added this only since short because I had some customers complaining about their video being too short (which was 50 minutes by the way) Now I just include the full version everytime so I don't have to worry anymore about cutting a speech (in church f.i.) too short on the short version. If they want hear the speech completely they have to look at the long version. The long version however has is "simple" encore template.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM   #6
Major Player

I do this for all clients,

Wedding shot in HDV
All footage is cleaned up, regardless
Ceremony
Reception
Highlights
I start at a 21 picture montage, and they do add more pictures if they want.
Motion menus, allot of the times custom made with footage.
Option for HD DVD for 20.00
4 copies

Chapter markers for everything
slideshow on DVD for loose images

I have had so much wedding, it has required a 2 Dual layer set.
I dont cut anything but floor, wall, feet, blur. I have some projects that have a 3 hour reception on DVD.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques