DVD Covers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Major Player

DVD Covers

Hi
Do you design your own wedding dvd covers or do you find premade, free or paid for? I do mine in Photoshop, but I need some inspiration.
Urban Skargren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Trustee

I'm only new to wedding filming but I've made my own disk and case covers and they look great.

I use InDesign, though modify photos in Photoshop. I get a great photo of the couple and put it on the front. Put a fine line white box about 15mm in from the edge to set it off, along with 'The Wedding of ...'

I use the same photo on the back but make it really faint through changing the brightness. Then I put text over this giving location and all participants, my logo, etc.

I make the edge black and put the name of the dvd on it also and my logo.

Looks as good as anything you would pick of a dvd shop shelf.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I do my own, Still from the HD footage with bride and groom full length on front, Our wedding as the title and the date/venue somewhere in contrasting colour somewhere on the front.

On the reverse, I put some words about the bride and groom, video content, duration and some more shots from the day. Also my logo, MCPS logo and PPL copyright sticker.

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Trustee

I do my own. Similar to the others, I use a photo from the photog, or from the timeline.

I don't use "our wedding" as part of the title. I mean, you have a bride and groom standing there, it's pretty obvious it's a wedding. I just put their first names and the wedding date.

On the inside, I put a chapter list, my logo and contact info, etc.
Vito DeFilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #5
Major Player

Where do you cut the covers? This I find quite tricky. You need a good cutting machine if you have A4 (European size) papers to get it really straight. I print mine on A4 myself and go to a local printing office to cut them, but it would be better to have it printed directly on the right size (prefer dvd standing box).

Actually it would be nice to have a dvd box, but have a totally other cover, like designed cardboard or something, with pearls on it or whatever. Something different. Haven't tried that though.
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Skargren View Post
Where do you cut the covers? This I find quite tricky. You need a good cutting machine if you have A4 (European size) papers to get it really straight. I print mine on A4 myself and go to a local printing office to cut them, but it would be better to have it printed directly on the right size (prefer dvd standing box).

Actually it would be nice to have a dvd box, but have a totally other cover, like designed cardboard or something, with pearls on it or whatever. Something different. Haven't tried that though.

Try here.

http://www.tapeandmedia.com/cd_labels_inserts.asp

Mark
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #7
Major Player

Great thanks!
Another one - when you handle dvd covers, they easily get greasy fingerprints. Are there thin gloves to buy for this purpose?
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #8
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Skargren View Post
Great thanks!
Another one - when you handle dvd covers, they easily get greasy fingerprints. Are there thin gloves to buy for this purpose?
I usually wash really well before I handle them, and don't seem to have any problems. If you prefer gloves, you might look at a local medical supply company for "Exam Gloves".

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques