Selling finished Wedding Videos to Pros - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
When I bring this up I always get people saying "it is not about the gear, it is all about the talent".

Well, I would say, what if you used that talent with better gear?
I see a bigger camera as a detriment for a few reasons. One is that creative angles and flying are really only feasible with a smaller camera. The other factor is the obtrusiveness of full-sized camera. I've shot with 3 x 1/2" and 2/3" cameras going back to the early 90's. I had two DSR-300 for a while in the late 90's. At nearly every wedding someone would say "oh look - channel 4 is here." When I got the VX2K in my hand in 2000 the big cameras went on eBay the next day. I've never missed them. For run and gun productions there is nothing like a small camera, not only for their unobtrusive nature, but also for what you can do with them given the right supports. If the Sony solid state camera lives up to the hype and viable intermediate storage solutions for source media become available I'll be all over a small 3 x 1/2 CCD or CMOS camera. Until then I don't see 1/3" cameras as a compromise in the least. Being the right place at the right time and knowing how to present what you capture is infinitely more important than what you use to shoot with.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
I've been getting a bunch of emails lately about selling a completed wedding videos. It is something we have been considering, and with the recent pile of emails about this, I thought I would post a couple questions here.

I'm curious who out there is already doing this, what their feedback is, and what the going rate is for a completed video.

I just got an email from Luis here on Dvinfo, but unfortunately the eail he provided doesn't seem to work so I thought I would post my comments publicly instead.

Patrick
To come back to the original question, for a completed wedding video I wouldn't pay more then 20dollar, for a how to video I'd pay at least 200dollar.
The reason for this is that a completed wedding video doesn't give me much more information then what I can see on hundreds of free wedding demo's you can find all over the net. A how to video, that's way more valuable to me, if Patrick would show how he operates the glidecams and what technique he uses, if he would show all the tricks in his book, only then I would be interested in paying much more because that could have an impact on what I produce and what I charge.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques