Bridal Prep H.264 test at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 6th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Bridal Prep H.264 test

http://psynema.com/index.php?option=...ask=view&id=52

Let me know what you think - thinking of switching from Flash to Quicktime H.264 as I really want to do more higher res/bigger dimension video on the net, but would just like to test it out first to see how well it loads for everyone.

So here's an excerpt of a Bridal Prep - the clip that follows, I already posted, so you can ignore that LOL.
Gary Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Gary,

It loaded and played great for me. Wonderful video...and audio. It played flawlessly. I really like the way you included bits of dialogue from guests, family members, the bride and groom,etc. How did you capture such clear audio from them? I'm guessing the groom was wearing a mic, but what about the others? Was that audio all from the camera mics?! Impressive. Was this a two or three-camera shoot? Amazing coverage.

Bill
Bill Anciaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I echo Bill's comments - natural sound gives you a real sense of 'being there'.

It loaded and ran very smoothly for me - and the richness of colour gave the whole event a vibrant feel..really enjoyed it.

Sean
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks.

Groom and Rabbi were mic'ed, but not until the ceremony, so it's pretty much on-camera mics, although the A1 had a shotgun. 2 Camera shoot.
Old December 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Major Player

Wow - nice work Gary. Clip loaded fine for me too. Did you shoot this in 24f? Footage is magnificent. Just curious - do you think quicktime will present any limitations for viewing - i.e. how pervasive is QT among the masses? Will they need the latest version to play the H.264 files?

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Good one Gary - I'm impressed by a lot of things, but especially by the tracking shots - even, apparently, from the following car. Some Steadycam device I presume, but you're fast on the draw, cutting out the zooms to make it look like a two cam shhot.

I just wish YouTube looked like this. Can I post my stuff on this site?

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Major Player

Did you use an SD camera to film the groom? The shots from the groom side show much less resolution..
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Major Player

Gary:
Loaded very smooth. I like the size. What were your output settings? BTW great colors.

John
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #9
Trustee

Hi Gary.

No problem here with the h.264. Played without a hitch over wireless.

Are you telling me you just 'happened' to be getting a shot of the security monitors when they were coming out of the elevators? The video screams careful preparation and skillful work. Really nice.

Beautiful establishing shots and transitions. Nice editing. Great colour work. Hardly anything to complain about, so I won't bother.
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:27 AM   #10
Major Player

Gary, very nice! Great quality, although I agree shots with the bride look little better, maybe due to more lighting.
Stedicam, tracking shots, selective focus, transitions, all look great.
Also the music, in a minor scale counters busy content nicely.

Two questions, did you you have a shooting plan/ shotlist, or it just happened on the spot?
Which music was it?
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #11
Regular Crew

No shotlist, it's video...think shot lists are more of a photo thing. Just shoot 'em as I see 'em.

Forgot the music, just got it off iTunes...think it's Yoko Kanno or some Japanese artist.

Was an XHa1/ DVX mix (don't ask LOL) but all HD from now on.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #12
Regular Crew

nice work gary!

don pham
Don Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #13
Major Player

Did not play.
What do I need?
Old December 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #14
Major Player

Fabulous Gary. That's just one more example why I put you on my top 25 list. Really well done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hanna View Post
http://psynema.com/index.php?option=...ask=view&id=52

Let me know what you think - thinking of switching from Flash to Quicktime H.264 as I really want to do more higher res/bigger dimension video on the net, but would just like to test it out first to see how well it loads for everyone.

So here's an excerpt of a Bridal Prep - the clip that follows, I already posted, so you can ignore that LOL.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine View Post
Fabulous Gary. That's just one more example why I put you on my top 25 list. Really well done...
Thanks - someone told me about that on VU LOL.

I hope to have the whole wedding up once I manage to look up advanced HTML coding for QUicktime.

WOuld really like to create separate video files that would play one after the other for the WHOLE WEDDING, with buttons on the bottom to advance to the chapter of your choice, but I'm told you can't do that with QTNext. Flash can do that, but really can't put out the quality/easy playback/loading of Quicktime...ie Sophie's choice LOL.

If anyone knows some QT / HTML tricks, let me know, didn't think it would be so hard to look up but it is. Closest think I can think of is to program a FLash swf file with buttons that would load a QT file in a specific target area, but don't know how and am told it's quite a pain to make that.
Gary Hanna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques