New clips to share - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM   #16
Regular Crew

May I ask what kind of handheld stabilizer you used for those wonderfully smooth shots? I recently made the mistake of buying one, which is entirely to heavy for someone of my size.
Jenna Klingensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Klingensmith View Post
May I ask what kind of handheld stabilizer you used for those wonderfully smooth shots? I recently made the mistake of buying one, which is entirely to heavy for someone of my size.
Jenna,
I'm not sure what he's using, but my wife shoots with me and we're about to buy her a HV20 and a stedicam Merlin as out FX7 and Merlin setup is too much for her (she's all of 5'2" and 100lbs). I'll let you know how this works out.
If you wanna try something else, they do make a vest and arm for the Merlin, but I'm not sure I'd show up to a wedding with all that apparatus hanging off me. I wouldn't want to be a huge distraction... although conversely it would look pretty freakin "pro".

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
I feel your pain .. literally :-)

I just picked up a glidecam 2000 pro for my Canon GL-2 & I'm DEFINITELY gonna have to start pumping some iron (yes I'm very weak) :-(

I don't see how anyone holds this thing for over 2-3 minutes at a time.
Denny Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #19
Regular Crew

The music

Bruce,

The music in your website samples are also fabulous. I've been wanting to go in that direction as well but our Houston brides have been brainwashed to select the typical "oldies" and country soundtracks you hear on the radio.

My question to you is.. Where do you find the music or can you provide artist names and titles to the stuff on your site.

Just trying to be different in Houston.
Tom Sessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Hi Jenna,

All the shots one our screening room page were shot handheld with a Glidecam 4000. Look for new clips on the blog soon since we're not including the smooth shooter (vest and brace) to give our shots even longer sustainability.

Which stabilizer did you buy? Which cameras are you shooting with? It may be possible that you just have to make some adjustments or think about incorporating the smooth shooter.

Thanks for watching the clips!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:32 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sessions View Post
Bruce,

The music in your website samples are also fabulous. I've been wanting to go in that direction as well but our Houston brides have been brainwashed to select the typical "oldies" and country soundtracks you hear on the radio.

My question to you is.. Where do you find the music or can you provide artist names and titles to the stuff on your site.

Just trying to be different in Houston.
Hi Tom,

We always try to do a mix of styles on our website so couples who have different taste in music can picture what it might be like if they hired us to film their wedding. The songs we choose also depend on where the wedding was shot. Our feeling is that not every song "fits" with every wedding and won't evoke the right feeling when watching the clip unless it's matched perfectly with the type of wedding/location that was filmed.

It's hard to say exactly where we find the music - I guess it's just a matter of watching/listening to everything around you and envisioning how you could incorporate the music that you hear into a highlights trailer or a SDE. You'd be surprised when some of the "least" likely songs make the best match with certain footage.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the clips!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques