live music sample at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

live music sample

Hey everyone. Looking for comments on this video I shot of one of our local bands performing live here in Ithaca. Keep in mind that Youtube isn't very friendly to the resolution of audio/video. It looks and sounds better here.

Shot with a PdX mounted on balconey for WS. VX and PD 170s on the stage. Edited with Premier multi cam editing (nice feature I must say). :)

Mary is quite the talent. I wanted to capture the show when she played warming up for Nanci Griffith at the theater down the street on 9/11/07. I'm producing a DVD of the show to donate to the local library. I am so fortunate to live in such a unique little village with such talented friends and neighbors. I'd say there's much more original talent here in this little town than any city in NYS. Someday I'm going to do a documentary called "There's Something In The Water". :)

All comments welcome. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkH4A6pobTM

-Don B.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Don - nice work. Very professional looking. I'll bet the orginal looks great considering the utube quality degradation. My only suggestion would be to throw in some disolves for your transitions. They might work better than than the fast cuts based on the pace of the song. Did you pick up your audio from the mixing board? It sounded pretty good.

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Nice job. Just something that I do is either stay with a dissolve or cut. Since the song is slower, I would have stayed with dissolves, cuts for faster songs. I still thought it was very nice.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques