Love Story at the Beach at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 24th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Love Story at the Beach

Merry Christmas to all,
Please take a look at my love story video and let me know what you think.
http://jterryvideography.com/theater%203.html

Thanks, Jerome
www.jterryvideography.com
Jerome Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Major Player

I think you did a nice job for them. I can't see how they could be dissappointed.

I like how your website says Theater instead of Samples.

A guestimate I have is the at least 60% of brides will never be able to see your samples because they're QT. I could be wrong on that though. I'd like to hear other opinions on that.

Merry x-mas!
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments. I agree with you. I would have used flash for the video content but I created my website using Apple's iweb. The program does not allow you to insert a flash .swf or .flv file easily. But it works get with .mov files. That is my next project.

Merry Xmas
Jerome

Last edited by Jerome Terry; December 26th, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old December 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #4
Major Player

I dunno. I use quicktime for all my demos and have NEVER had anyone tell me they couldn't watch them. I get a pretty wide spectrum of audiences as I do all sorts of video production. Maybe there are those out there that don't know how to get quicktime to work, I just haven't happened to run into them yet. Personally I think it doesn't much matter anymore, I can watch quicktime, windows media, flash, and whatever else on my mac, and my wife can watch quicktime, windows media, flash and whatever else on her PC. They pretty much make all players for all platforms now it seems. I could be wrong, that's just my experience.
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello,
Just recently I have a client that only has access to the internet through her job. When she tried to play out my QT files her computer had to install QT but due to the fact that her system was locked down by the network administrator she could not play anything. So I FTP the same video clip as a .swf and she could view it. I think sometimes it is a toss up.
Jerome
Old December 30th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Major Player

Nice work. Very smooth.

When I used .wmv someone complained that their Mac wouldn't play it. I wonder how many people have had trouble with my site and never complained because they were embarrased or didn't have the time. I would go for Flash and check out JW Player. Flash is a royal pain to learn, but if you get ther right advice it's worth it. Your site has great architecture, but could use some spice. Your vids make up for it in a hurry though.
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Dana,

Thanks for the nice comments on my video clips. The site needs a little touch to it but it is better than my first site. HA HA. I checked out your url and your work is great. I was wondering what format, HD DVD or Blu Ray do you give the client? Can you shed some light on your work flow?
Thanks, again
Jerome
Jerome Terry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques