A Few Audio Questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 17th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I will chime... We started with a Samson Wireless system. Did OK for a few years and then just starting dropping out all the time. After much research I bit the bullet and went with Lectrosonics. I love them. Won't recommend anything other than them for a couple of reasons. 1) although they are more money up front, you will have them forever. Unlike your camcorder! And they are built to last forever. My Samson's were made of plastic as is our Sennheiser G2's (although the G2 is sturdier than the Samson). 2) I NEVER have to worry about them. It can be hard to get a test feed/signal with event videography. We were in a large church not long ago and had the Officiant mic'ed with the G2. At the other end of the church (still in the Sanctuary) he was breaking up. The Lectrosonics was on the groom in the basement of the church and the feed was just fine. This is when we purchased our 2nd Lectrosonics. One less worry means less grey hair. For what it's worth, we still use the Samsons; we drape them over the music speakers at the reception. Provides stellar results. Doing this with the Sennheiser isn't so good. And finally, we use an Edirol R-4 quite often. Running mics from musicians and singers and what not.

SOP: Lectrosonics #1 on the Groom. #2 on the Officiant. The G2 on the speaker's podium. The Samson's on 2nd podium. Actually, we have never had a 2nd podium but I bring them in case. Sennhesier 416 & MKH-40 as needed near live vocals/instruments. And I will be getting more Lectrosonics.

Mike
Mike Bisom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques