new Love Story at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 29th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

new Love Story

I have just uploaded our newest Love Story. The opening shot is a blatant steal from Patricks @ Still Motion so go ahead and bash me for being unoriginal but it fit the couple perfect so i used it. Thanks Patrick! This was also my first time out with a stabalizer system that I could actually use (i rented a system before but it was for a high end pro camera setup and about killed my back so i used it for two or three shots total). After using the glidecam 4000 all day i feel pretty confident in making the purchase soon. It really sets the footage apart from my old stuff, and its really pretty easy once you get a feel for it.

The video is 15 minutes so give it a bit to load (the couple wanted a long slideshow in the middle so you can fast forward through that). Any new ideas / critics / words of wisdom are welcome. Enjoy...

http://zandlproductions.com/

I will also be posting a new Day in Review this weekend as well. check back soon.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #2
Major Player

My Glidecam 4000 is the best addition I've made to my gear and has given my footage that extra touch that my clients love. I'd love to comment on your piece but I get no downloading activity when I click on your link, no matter how long I wait. It's actually frozen up my browser, too. Maybe it's just me...
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Major Player

Great job Zach! Kept my interest right up till the photo montage. Good glidecam work and excellent pacing. No problem on borrowing from the best, Patrick has been a great teacher in upping the ante on all our work.
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Major Player

Zach,
awesome video... everyone on this board posts some really amazing footage... defiantly sets you apart from the amateurs like me :-)
Did you say that you rented the glide-cam? if so, how much they charge you?
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Nice job, Zach. I would agree with Jason, it moved well until the montage, then the bottom fell out. Moving through the stills in various 3d angles, maybe with a bg that has special meaning to them would add interest--even just having more movement on the zooming and panning. But I definitely enjoyed the interview part of it. Enjoy your GCam4000.
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank you all. I did rent the Glidecam 4000 from VER here in Dallas. They charged approx. $110 for a weekend rental (meaning i got it friday and returned it monday). I agree completely about the pictures. It was last minute that they wanted to add the slideshow in so i did the old fade in fade out no movement and let it be, but for the internet i planned on taking it out because it is so long and only connects with the family really. There are also a few really fast cuts that i personally am not happy with but had to do so to cover up a things, but now i know what to do different next time. I think the key thing is once you hear the response from the couple that you are hunting for stop them and ask them to repeat it in a slower/non-"umm" way.

I can't decide between the merlin (which i have never used) or the glidecam. The merlin looks cooler but can't hold as much weight as the glidecam....and who knows if i'll ever buy a bigger camera. thanks again.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:04 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Excellent.
My glidecam is the best addition to my kit too. Took a while to get a grip on it, but it gets better everytime.
Never been to Waco, but my sis and mom went last year to see some cousins - got pictures of them on that bridge!
Nice work guys.
Tim Sargent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques