love story mixed with wedding movie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

love story mixed with wedding movie

usually i have the love story separate from the main movie. with this edit i wanted to combine the two together. what i have here is a portion of the wedding movie, getting ready part. i wanted to make this part reflect the hustle and busel of that morning....running up and down the stairs continuously.

Lisa & Brad - http://take1productions.blogspot.com/
Don Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow, that is a fantastic piece! You really did succeed in capturing the intensity of the bridal prep. It looks great, it sounds great, and I'm sure your clients will think it's outstanding. The film look on the beach, the vibrant colors, the great exposure... You really know what you're doing.

Only a little nitpick, the music seemed just a tiny bit too loud for the dialog, but really, that's just a minor nitpick on such a great piece.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

love it

Wow.
I loved it.
Unique and original for sure.
I really liked the getting ready part, so different than usual. Reminds me that kind of sequence in the movies, opening shot, a lot going on (you know, getting ready for the date, organizing a party), and that's exactly what is happening here.
And then nice jump to love story. BTW The Bride nailed it, mostly with saying:
"You hear people say .... that's what I picture with Brad"
I like the change of tempo too.

The only thing, which I'm sure you aware of, it's some of those shaky handheld shots here and there. But hey, there is always something we all can improve on, right?

Would love to see the whole feature.
How is it usually? 30-40 min?

Thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work.
Konrad Czystowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM   #4
Trustee

Don,
That was really well put together. It had a very nice "reality tv" feel to it and I use that term as a positive thing. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are poured into your typical reality show and you just made a few thousand dollar wedding video feel just as professional. How much are you getting for one of these if I may ask. That's a lot of work.

Did I see that date right? It was August 2006? Thanks for making me feel better about my backlog.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Major Player

Loved it!

I have soooo much to learn! Thanks for sharing!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris View Post
Wow, that is a fantastic piece! You really did succeed in capturing the intensity of the bridal prep. It looks great, it sounds great, and I'm sure your clients will think it's outstanding. The film look on the beach, the vibrant colors, the great exposure... You really know what you're doing.

Only a little nitpick, the music seemed just a tiny bit too loud for the dialog, but really, that's just a minor nitpick on such a great piece.
thanks chris for checking out the clip.
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad Czystowski View Post
Wow.
I loved it.
Unique and original for sure.
I really liked the getting ready part, so different than usual. Reminds me that kind of sequence in the movies, opening shot, a lot going on (you know, getting ready for the date, organizing a party), and that's exactly what is happening here.
And then nice jump to love story. BTW The Bride nailed it, mostly with saying:
"You hear people say .... that's what I picture with Brad"
I like the change of tempo too.

The only thing, which I'm sure you aware of, it's some of those shaky handheld shots here and there. But hey, there is always something we all can improve on, right?

Would love to see the whole feature.
How is it usually? 30-40 min?

Thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work.
thanks konrad. my ave. film is 25 min long. this one is around 40 min. due to the love story. yeah i could have done better the camera shakes. i shot this wedding thinking that it would be a cinematic piece but when i edited i went docu. i just need to plan better so i can shoot accordingly.
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:28 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
Don,
That was really well put together. It had a very nice "reality tv" feel to it and I use that term as a positive thing. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are poured into your typical reality show and you just made a few thousand dollar wedding video feel just as professional. How much are you getting for one of these if I may ask. That's a lot of work.

Did I see that date right? It was August 2006? Thanks for making me feel better about my backlog.
thanks ethan. the 2006 price for this was 8k.
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Trustee

8K? Holy mother of Ghandi, I wish I could pull down that kinda price.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques