EX! and ATW at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX! and ATW

Since nobody brought this up it may be that my camera has a problem, although it just came from Sony service last week - I sent it out to repair a day after arriving brand new from BH - but it is still not doing a right auto white balance when in Full Auto or ATW unless I press the White Balance button. It behaves worst with interior lighting.
ex. with the camera in Full Auto;
-I am zooming on the window - ATW goes to 5700k
-I will pointing it back inside - ATW stays at 5700k with a red image although I have white objects and white door in view.
-I push the White Balance button - ATW goes to 2100k(good wb).

Why is that even in Full Auto mode, still does and accepts manual white balancing? I have two JVC's GY-DV500, and when in Full Auto, they do not accept manual white balance or any other manual adjustment.

Does anybody else have this problem, or should I send it back and fight Sony for a replacement?

Thank you,
Mike
Mike Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Mike you should've posted this in the EX thread. You will get a lot more help with your situation.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I did and in the last two days I got only one reply and that was a question. Should that means nobody else has this problem?

Thank you,
Mike
Mike Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Well it seems like a legit problem. I was in a editing contest and the footage was from a JVC camera with AWB on. The footage changed color instantly as needed ad if the EX is suppose to do that also then something is wrong. The thing though is a lot of users use manual WB which is why you may not get a lot of replies. If they're in a situation where they can't WB manually they may use a preset and color correct in post production. I know I do. Looked over your post in the EX and it looks like your getting replies. Try out what they're saying as it could possibly help. Good luck and take care

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques