Client Rebooking a New Date? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #16
Major Player

This is not a matter of "should I include this in a contract" or "I don't need it in a contract"....the answer is that you MUST HAVE THIS in a contract, all properly worded and documented.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #17
Still Motion

Hi Travis,

Sorry if this has already been said as I didn't read through all of the replies.

Whenever possible, we try to accommodate our couples without adding on extra fees. By 'whenever possible' I am referring to those times that we can help them without losing revenue.

We have a clause that any package changes would be subject to new pricing. Now if a couple moves their wedding back a week and there is still plenty of time before the wedding, we don't make a fuss. If I have turned away several people for their original date, then we may have a penalty, which is generally a portion of their retainer. Why not the whole retainer? On a large photo/video package that can be quite large at 30% of the package price, so we might charge them 10% for moving it OR they just pay the current prices, all depending on timing to the wedding and number of people already turned down for their date.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
Hi Travis,

Sorry if this has already been said as I didn't read through all of the replies.

Whenever possible, we try to accommodate our couples without adding on extra fees. By 'whenever possible' I am referring to those times that we can help them without losing revenue.

We have a clause that any package changes would be subject to new pricing. Now if a couple moves their wedding back a week and there is still plenty of time before the wedding, we don't make a fuss. If I have turned away several people for their original date, then we may have a penalty, which is generally a portion of their retainer. Why not the whole retainer? On a large photo/video package that can be quite large at 30% of the package price, so we might charge them 10% for moving it OR they just pay the current prices, all depending on timing to the wedding and number of people already turned down for their date.

Patrick
Thanks for the info!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques