Any upstate New York shooters here? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any upstate New York shooters here?

I'm trying to locate wedding video shooters that would be able to provide services here in the upstate NY area. Roughly an area between Albany to the north, Binghamton to the west, Kingston to the East and south to ???.

I work with a number of still wedding photographers in that area who do not do video, but get numerous requests for video. What I'd like to do is get the still folks together with the video shooters where they would be able to offer the whole package.

Early stages of planning right now but we all feel there's much to be gained by working together cooperatively.

Tim
Tim Ribich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Upstate Shooters

Hey Tim,

I'm from Binghamton, and interested in your idea. Keep me updated on a progress.

Here is more info about us: jcvideo.org

Serge
Serge Petchenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Petchenyi View Post
Hey Tim,

I'm from Binghamton, and interested in your idea. Keep me updated on a progress.

Here is more info about us: jcvideo.org

Serge
Aha-- I knew there had to be someone else out there!

Hi, Serge. Yep, I'll keep you updated. Some nice work there on your website. What flavor of hard/software are you using these days?

Tim
Tim Ribich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Tim.
Even though my partner and I are both familiar with Adobe and Final Cut products, we stick with Sony Vegas. For some reason I find it more flexible and enjoyable to use.
When it’s needed, we create titles and fancy intros in After Effects.
We shoot with Canon GL2’. We were considering of upgrading to XH A1’, but as of today haven’t gotten any requests for HD yet. So we’ll stick to the set up that we have for now.

Serge
Serge Petchenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:24 AM   #5
New Boot

Upstate NY, Shooter.

Hey Tim, I'm Upstate, NY. Right in your listed area of coverage. I shoot many weddings all over the place every year, so we should definitely connect.
I'll P.M. You with contact info. AL.
Al Woodard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques