Easterfest - Music Festival Promo to Share at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Easterfest - Music Festival Promo to Share

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this short 45 second teaser/promo I'm working on at the moment for a music festival.

http://ebenezerfilms.com/easterfest/...er_Lg_Prog.wmv

Each year I produce a promo video from the footage I capture throughout the 3 day festival.

Comments and critiques are most welcome.

Thanks,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #2
New Boot

Looked great!
Ryan Whitefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:03 AM   #3
Trustee

Very nice

Very well done promo. I was very impressed with the quality of images in the low light of the concert atmosphere. Of course the people "playing" to the camera is always great. Good job capturing the size of the event. I got the impression that the event is attended by thousands of people and is very lively.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Trustee

That was hot.

Nice job, it makes me want to go!
Nate Haustein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Matthew

I thought the clip was great, makes you want to go along, so you have achieved the desired outcome with me. The clip was exciting, good colour, good action, overall, great. I guess my only criticism and it's probably being a bit picky (sorry!), while I thought your title intro was a great concept, I wasn't too fussed on the symmetry of it, if it was more random, for me it would have greater impact.

I have checked out your other work also, and am definately a fan. I also have a bit of a soft spot for Toowoomba, I'm a Laidley boy, but don't hold that against me.

Cheers
Darren.
Darren Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for the comments!

Jason - great to hear that feedback 'cause that's definitely what we're trying to get across.

Ryan & Nate - Thanks!

Darren - A fellow Queenslander! I had some good friends who lived in Laidley for a while - we used the tennis courts behind the Catholic church many a time :) Appreciate your comments - I get to dodge the 'symmetry' one as a graphic designer does the look and then I just animate it - but I'll pass it along.

Cheers!

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques