Powerpoint to video... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Powerpoint to video...

This might not be the right place to post but...

I recently did a graduation that had powerpoint slideshows in it. Shooting the slides off the screen comes out bad, so I want to convert the powerpoint slides to video and overlay on the audio.

I have done this in the past and had problems with timing, but thats not a big deal. What is a big deal is getting the slides sized right in the output video and getting the transitions to come out right in the conversions.

Any ideas? How do you folks do this?

Thanks.
Ken Gilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Major Player

I recently had to do this with a training seminar. I have the PPT file, but the exported graphics were jaggy, so I used Camstudio to record the PPT presentation. I recorded each screen for about 30 seconds, if I needed more I just dropped it on the timeline again.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Wow, talk about good timing! I've got exactly the same situation, but I've never tried to insert PowerPoint into video before. I guess I just thought there was some way to simply convert and import the file. Hmm...

Anyone have pointers on how to even begin this task?

Thanks!

Mark

(And Thanks to Ken for bringing up this topic)
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Major Player

An idea...

Just a thought....if you are a Mac user you could try opening the Power Point file in Keynote. I have done this and everything except for certain fonts and individual timings for specific slides will appear. Keynote self-playing movies only seem to allow you to set the same delay for every slide(i.e. 3 seconds per slide). You could export this out of Keynote using Quicktime conversion and then use iDVD to author the DVD. I know it's a stretch :) but in theory it should work.
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #5
Regular Crew

You could output your presentation project to .jpg, use these in your time line and extend the image for the length of time needed.

In the event that you have animation on the slides, i think Bill's idea is quite good, especially since you can choose the codec you like to work with.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #6
Wrangler

Try our search function, this has been discussed before. Here are a couple threads; there are more:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ght=powerpoint
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ght=powerpoint
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques