DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Which printer do you use for disc printing? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/123985-printer-do-you-use-disc-printing.html)

Jason Donaldson June 18th, 2008 12:51 PM

Monday, thanks for the picture. I think I will go with the printer and hope that it may be a glitch on your's only.

Peter Manojlovic June 18th, 2008 09:30 PM

Canon iP4200...
Absolutely thrilled....

Joel Peregrine June 25th, 2008 12:01 AM

Hi Peter,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic (Post 895350)
Canon iP4200...
Absolutely thrilled....

I was too, for six months or so. I don't want to jinx you! But within the last few weeks both my ip4200's have given me fits. They can produce a decent print. Standard printing, documents and graphics, are fine. But photo quality inserts and disc labels are horrible. I've tried everything. I've used a mixture of generic and Canon ink but really don't think that is the cause. There are just so many variables. I just switched from Photoshop CS (ver.8) to CS3 (ver.10) and thought that might be the problem, but I booted into a new partition that and loaded CS and it still got crummy prints. I also just upgraded my OS and thought the 4200's drivers were screwing me up so I tried the old OS. I still got soft, red tinted prints with banding. Finally I called Canon and they are going to replace the print head under warranty on one of them. The other is out of warranty so it will be just for paperwork. I also ordered a third because it was cheaper than buying a new set of ink. Something about that isn't right....

Jason Donaldson June 25th, 2008 11:35 AM

I ended up going with the Epson RX595. I got it for an incredible price of $49.95, brand new sealed box, not refurb either. Futureshop had 7 of them on clearence for whatever reason, so I bought all of them and 6 will be listed on Ebay soon.

I am very pleased with the results so far, and have ordered the CISS for it on Ebay.

Franklin Bencosme June 25th, 2008 12:32 PM

Hp 4380 Amaizing .........

Dustin Sims June 25th, 2008 12:42 PM

canon mp600. i love it. i use TY watershield and silver printable discs. I actually prefer the silver because they still look professional (better than white matte) and cost half as much as the watershield.

Alastair Brown June 25th, 2008 01:54 PM

Just jumped ship to a Canon IP4500 after Inky, my trusty Epson Photo 900 finally succumbed. Having a small service for him tomorrow. All Welcome!

I'd post a picture of him, but it's still just a bit too much!

Hubert Duijzer June 25th, 2008 02:46 PM

Here's another Canon IP4500 user. Bought it last week on ebay from a Canon outlet store.
It was a brand new printer in a slightly dirty box. Paid € 40,- wich is less then half the price. Only printed one disc so far, but that one looks great.
I couldn't get it to print the full disc with the Canon label printer. (TY white full printable) It leaves the inner part white, any suggestions?

Jason Donaldson June 25th, 2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubert Duijzer (Post 898619)
I couldn't get it to print the full disc with the Canon label printer. (TY white full printable) It leaves the inner part white, any suggestions?

Sounds like whatever app comes with the printer for printing on the disc needs to be calibrated. I know my Epson application prints perfectly when I set the inner diameter and outer diameter to 18mm and 120mm respectively

Alastair Brown June 25th, 2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubert Duijzer (Post 898619)
Here's another Canon IP4500 user. Bought it last week on ebay from a Canon outlet store.
It was a brand new printer in a slightly dirty box. Paid € 40,- wich is less then half the price. Only printed one disc so far, but that one looks great.

Hi Hubert,

Hows the Glidetrack going?

To change the diameter of either the outer or inner circle size in CD-LabelPrint for either Mac Or PC, simply follow these easy steps:
open CD-LabelPrint
click on File and go down to where it says Select Paper
Release your mouse and a Paper Selection dialogue box will appear
Click the New button
Another box called the Add/Edit User Defined appears in which you will see two adjustment sizes, one for the outer circle and one for the inner circle size
Simply set your desired sizes (the smallest I can get my inner diameter to is 17mm)
In the Media Name Box at the top, type in whatever you wish to call it and click the OK/Save button
Finally, make sure you click on your newly created masterpiece in the list to highlight it, before you exit the Paper Selection dialogue box
that's it;)

or

Hi, it is possible to print full face in CD LabelPrint.

It requires editing the regedit, follow these steps.

Click Start->Run-> type "regedit" and click ok.

Then click and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaNavigation\CDLabel Print\1.0\Settings\SizeAdjust\.Standard CD (12cm)

When you click on .Standard CD (12cm) three values appear on the right hand side. Double click Inner and change it to -200 and make outer 20, then close regedit.

When you now open CD LabelPrint the full face will be printable.

NOTE! DON'T CLICK THE ADJUST ADJUST CIRCLE SIZE BUTTON IN CD LABEL PRINT OR THE VALUES WILL BE RESET!!!!

Hubert Duijzer June 26th, 2008 01:36 AM

Hi Alastair,

The glidetrack is going well, i only need a cheap head on top of it. A head on top of the track should be more practical then just the camera. To bad i just sold my old tripod. :)

I'm not at home right now, but i'll try your settings out tonight. I couldn't find out how to change the diameter in the labelprint myself.

Thx
Hubert

Hubert Duijzer June 26th, 2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastair Brown (Post 898845)
To change the diameter
that's it;)

That's it indeed. I knew it must be simple :-)

Alastair Brown June 30th, 2008 01:49 PM

Oh Well, so much for Canon! My IP4500 has died after less than a week. Popped it's 3A fuse, replaced it with another 3A same again, now its dead. And I have a disc I HAVE to send tomorrow! Where's my felt tips?

Mike Williams June 30th, 2008 09:53 PM

Hp 5160

The HP 5160 gets the job done. Never really knocked my socks off but I did get at least 300 + disks printed off so far.

It is a PITA but once you get over the idiosyncracies...it gets the job done.

The bundled software sucks though. To get to the "cd" printing it a PITA and it can't remeber the settings.

Dave Blackhurst July 1st, 2008 12:01 AM

Also using the HP 5160, I liked it enough to pick up another for a backup on closeout when HP brought out their "latest" models for around $35... less than the cost of ink! The included software is pretty much useless unless you're creative...

I took some time to create "blank" CD templates that I then create the entire label in (text and all), just drop it into the HP software and print - you always have to resize the inner ring for "hub printables", but aside from those idiosyncracies, it's worked well for me, printing a mix of white matte and silver printables.

You have to remember what background you're going to be printing on, that helps a lot with the final result.

I've always had good luck with HP printers, although I know Epson is the leader in CD/DVD printing and I've got one of their little portable 4x6 printers that just knocks my socks off...