The Blueiest sky I've ever seen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 1st, 2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The Blueiest sky I've ever seen

A few weeks ago we were blessed with a couple of cool locations along with a cool couple. We had an awesome blue sky that we got to use repeatedly throughout the day. Comments welcome please! Thanks

http://www.vimeo.com/1261536
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

No doubt that was a beautiful blue sky. I thought you did a good job with the video. I didn't really care for the random "old film effect" clip or the transitions during the ceremony from B&W to color. They just struck me as random and distracted me from the actual clips. Could just be me as a videographer, though. Probably won't bother the couple AT ALL.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
No doubt that was a beautiful blue sky. I thought you did a good job with the video. I didn't really care for the random "old film effect" clip or the transitions during the ceremony from B&W to color. They just struck me as random and distracted me from the actual clips. Could just be me as a videographer, though. Probably won't bother the couple AT ALL.
Thanks Travis, I actually don't really care for the film look thing either but I constantly get requests for it so I try to work it in if I can. I don't like to mucky up beautiful footage unless I have to.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yeah, I think it's more of a thing with videographers, because we can instantly recognize a filter as a filter, so it becomes more of a distraction.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Very nicely done. The first part had a beautiful 3D quality (at least in color). Too bad that church was 80% empty!
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:31 PM   #6
Major Player

Loved the sky!

I didn't like the B&W to colour either.

what bothered me the most was the groom. Seemed like he was constantly mean-muggin.
Really struck me as unhappy when he was outside the church staring into the camera. I was hoping it would cut to the same shot of him but smiling or laughing to show that maybe he was joking about glaring or something like that.

(I understand that maybe he just isn't the most expressive guy.)

I really liked the shot of the flowers with the fountain in the background. wish it was a tripod shot though.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Major Player

He was a miserable so and so wasnt he.

Not sure about the opening shot which just says "Immaculate conception". I know its the establishing church sign shot but the fact it just says immaculate conception just seems a little weird to me.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post

Not sure about the opening shot which just says "Immaculate conception". I know its the establishing church sign shot but the fact it just says immaculate conception just seems a little weird to me.
Actually he was pretty happy all day, I guess I wasn't looking at his expressions when I was picking shots. Yeah, the immaculate conception sign, I like the shot but if it said "catholic church" under that it might have been less weird. I guess for those directly involved who are familiar with the church it shouldn't strike them as too odd.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
that was the impression I got from it. Sounds like a pretty reluctant groom. Even when he was on the motorcycle and had the Fedora, he still couldn't muster a grin or a smeark. Just a bunch of flat faces. Too bad too. That would have added to the footage so much.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques