New Business Launch + Demo Video + First SDE - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 9th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Great SDE, especially based on it being your first 'real' one. If you were in SoCal, I'd hire you to do my wedding next July based on it.
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
Thats a crazy day, I can imagine how much of a rush it would be seeing everyone's reaction on the night. Did the clients pay for this service or is this something you wanted to do as a bonus for them and well for your self too?
Hey Peter,

We were hired for this wedding already - and decided it would be a great opportunity to do our first SDE so we did it as a bonus. The groom kept it as a surprise from the bride and guests - that way if it all went pear-shaped then it wasn't a great loss.

Cheers,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua View Post
Hey Matt, I watched the demo and your images are awesome. The way you grade your video, the greens and blules - eyepopping!

Loved the staircase shot, reminded me of this award winning photo by Ryan Schembri (your fellow Aussie).

Thanks for sharing!

PS - Shadowplay - are all your collaterals/ads/marketing materials BW? I felt the last graphic with your name (despite your company name) begged for color, at least in the typeface or the bokeh. Just an opinion ;)
Thanks Jason - it means a lot coming from a champion like yourself!

Good point on our corporate image ... it's something I'd been thinking about but it had slipped off my to do list. We want the black and white to look classy ... but sometimes it can look boring so a splash of colour somewhere is a great idea.

Cheers,

Matthew.
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
Awesome stuff Matt. It is great to see such quality in both photo and video- it can really take you a long way.

All the best,

Patrick
Thanks Patrick! You guys have set an awesome example with StillMotion - keep raising the bar mate!

Cheers,

Matthew.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #20
Major Player

Great Stuffs Matt!

Very impressive for a first SDE with that level fo steadicam, voiceover and colour correction work. Thanks for sending me the link.

Best of luck!
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong View Post
Very impressive for a first SDE with that level fo steadicam, voiceover and colour correction work. Thanks for sending me the link.

Best of luck!
Thanks Michael! Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques