Friend's Wedding - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #16
New Boot

Thanks Matthew, your site was one of the ones I visited for inspiration. I definitely lacked in the technical know-how since I rented the camcorder the day before the wedding and had color/white balance issues! But I learned a lot, especially after reviewing my captures and seeing what I could have done differently.

Tom, I appreciate your comment. I shot the two HD camcorders in HD (xh-a1 and sony a1u), and the other two in sd as that's all they can do. I captured the HD material in both HD and SD (downconvert within cameras). The HD captures gave me a little more zoom on some of the ceremony shots since I'm just outputting to SD DVD.
Jonathan Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Warren View Post
Thanks for the further comments.
Louis - Thanks, this was my first *real* wedding shoot except for one before that I shot with a consumer camera as a guest.
I know... I was joking :) Amazing video!
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #18
Regular Crew

This was great. I looked at your highlight and then looked at mine and wanted to burn my footage. lol. Great job. Hope to pick up a lot from all you guys.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #19
New Boot

Hey Jonathan!

Amazing, is all I can really say for a first-time video. Premiere is an amazing program. As others have said, the timing with the music and video was excellent. I won't reiterate what others have said in regards to color correction, etc. but I will say that you should do this more often. Some people have to work at it, and others seem to just "have it". You seem like the latter. You have an awesome gift, you should use it.
Eric Knopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #20
Major Player

I'm speechless...............

I've filmed 6-8 weddings and I'm still not there yet.

"sigh"......
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques