Lovestory "Three Patrice's women" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lovestory "Three Patrice's women"

http://vimeo.com/1337090

My first lovestory shot on XH-A1 and HV20
It's a piece of experimental work according to couple intentions
Will appreciate any comments!
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Major Player

really very good, and commendably different to alot of other stuff out there... i loved some of the touches that kept it in sequence with the day-dreaming (music delay/echo, and turning the shots upside down)

couple of things:
- the three women sequences each went on a bit too long...there def. would have been more impact in keeping those shorter
- you spelt 'goodbye' as 'good buy' :)

brilliant quality, and some really inspiring shots and close-ups
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Major Player

I liked it alot! So very "outside the box" from the typical love story.

I agree that the dream sequences should be shorter to have more impact. I found myself waiting for the next part a bit. I also wish the actor had more emotion in his voice when he was talking to the girl.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for your kind words!

Richard
I'll consider shortening the sequences on final edit for sure. This story was shown on reception first, but planned as a part of whole wedding film (about 20-25min long). Events will smoothly flow from park to wedding day.

Ups! :) funny misspelling.. my English can be odd a little, I have very seldom practice.. Will try reading more, maybe even commenting sometime :)

David
Yes, some shots even without visible mimic sound not confident enough, I know that. Both of "actors" far from actors profession in real life, so that was the best takes from many.
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Inner Circle

What a great concept for a video! Nice job on the unique approach. Overall the video was well done.

Just some suggestions for you ...

Shorten up the segments with the three women as you have said you are going to do. Also, I think a few more shots of the groom dreaming by the tree during each of those segments would help sell the idea that he is dreaming. I didn't really like the echo on his voice, and I think a strong whisper would have worked better for selling the dream. That's just my opinion, though.

As far as your English, don't worry about it. Be proud that you can speak understand and speak another language, as many people can't.

Keep up the good work!
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Travis, thank you!
I'll consider moments about dream!

Thanks for English too :) Client's version has russian subtitles (my native language) so almost sure it spelled well.. Is it..?? (going to reread) :)

Wanted to ask one question.. I've used some shots with nonstabilized "live" camera on final scene especially. Don't it look too rough?
I like to use sometime action camera and in my opinion it can increase emotional impact in certain scenes. I was choosing between several static shots and "live" walking camera.. And decided that live camera looks natural and cause more immersion in emotional scene.
What do you think about it?
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques