Brand New "Save the Date" Video - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung View Post
I've got an idea is the couple draw their date on sand. In my area, there are many beach can do that...
That's funny. I was actually going to ask this couple if they wanted to do that, but she was REALLY set on doing the painting, so I didn't bother. I think it'd be cool to draw it out in the sand and then fill it in with colored sand or something like that. The trick would be getting a good overhead shot of it. Maybe with a ladder? On sand a ladder might be a bad idea.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
That's funny. I was actually going to ask this couple if they wanted to do that, but she was REALLY set on doing the painting, so I didn't bother. I think it'd be cool to draw it out in the sand and then fill it in with colored sand or something like that. The trick would be getting a good overhead shot of it. Maybe with a ladder? On sand a ladder might be a bad idea.
In my area, we've got a place can over look the beach. I think it would be cool to draw a super lager "date" on it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rewa_Beach.JPG
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
Awwww.........mushy girl here..........I LOVED it! Definitely had a more "fun & relaxed" vibe than the first one you shot (which I also loved!).

I liked the second color correction best!
Thank you for being a mushy girl! Seriously, I really need opinions from both sexes (which is why I drag my wife into my office to check stuff out). Thanks for the comments .. oh, yeah this one was more fun and relaxed and I think it shows.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung View Post
In my area, we've got a place can over look the beach. I think it would be cool to draw a super lager "date" on it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rewa_Beach.JPG
Oh wowwwww. That's a perfect spot. I moving to New Zealand!
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #35
Inner Circle

I think I've figured out what was bothering me with the new look. The blacks were lightened in the process, so there is less contrast. I'm going back through and readjusting every clip with increased blacks so that the images pop more.
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #36
Inner Circle

I deleted the other videos and placed the final edit online. Here's the link:

http://www.vimeo.com/1356111

Also, I can't edit my original post anymore to change the links, so if a moderator could do that for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #37
Trustee

Quote:
My goal is to get people to send these out on DVD to their guests either with the invitations or AS the invitations. I include online placement as part of the option fee, though, in case they can't afford that.

How do I get people to order these? Well, so far I haven't. This is only the second one I've done. The first was entirely for free, and this one was simply substituted in as a replacement for another option that was in their package for free already. So I've done two now and haven't charged for either.

My hope is that by showing these and offering these to future clients that maybe I'll get some to pay for it. Whether or not this will work remains to be seen.
Same boat. Different person paddling. In other words, I shooting my first STD video this Sunday.... and with my new Glidecam (which I should get tomorrow).

I'll look for other threads regarding the creative process behind these , but I have been story boarding all evening.

In other news, the Vimeo videos are not available (though I have not finished reading through the rest of this thread.

editjust read you posted the final version.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Same boat. Different person paddling. In other words, I shooting my first STD video this Sunday.... and with my new Glidecam (which I should get tomorrow).

I'll look for other threads regarding the creative process behind these , but I have been story boarding all evening.
editjust read you posted the final version.

In other news, the Vimeo videos are not available (though I have not finished reading through the rest of this thread.
Check the post above yours. I posted a link to the final edit with an explanation there.
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:44 AM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
I deleted the other videos and placed the final edit online. Here's the link:

http://www.vimeo.com/1356111

Also, I can't edit my original post anymore to change the links, so if a moderator could do that for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
And I thought I was the only one up late. :-) If it wasn't for your new STD post that I just noticed, I would be Ken Burns-ing a few dozen photos for my wedding clients this weekend. :-) But nooooo. Now I have to go check out your cool shots. :-)
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
And I thought I was the only one up late. :-) If it wasn't for your new STD post that I just noticed, I would be Ken Burns-ing a few dozen photos for my wedding clients this weekend. :-) But nooooo. Now I have to go check out your cool shots. :-)
Glad to see I'm not the only one that works insane hours. I've been up past 2am working for the past 4 or 5 nights, lol.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques