Highlights Clip (from a nice little Barn in the UK!) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #16
Major Player

blimey, that's a full on glitch with Vimeo - they must be pretty terrrified in the Vimeo headquarters right now!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #17
New Boot

Hi Richard,

Saw your highlights clip before vimeo bombed out. Thought the colour work was excellent. Music suited the edit perfectly (or vice-versa!) and I'm sure the couple were over the moon.

Is the star shine a software plugin or hardware? Love the effect - very tasteful.

Dean.

Day To Remember Videos
www.daytoremembervideos.com
Dean Fairburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
i'll tell u which celeb but then i will have to shoot you: it was the gorgeous singer Jamelia and footballer Darren
Never heard of them.. ;)
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:56 AM   #19
Major Player

yeah, and i turned down another couple to do theirs too....i think their names were wayne and coleen or something? ;)
Old July 21st, 2008, 05:25 AM   #20
Major Player

Never heard of them.. ;)....

They must be some kind of SUPERSTAR!

Filming celeb wedding soon at Westminster using 4 cameras and crew and to say I am nervous is an understatement!

Cheers.

John De Rienzo
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM   #21
Major Player

haha, u can't say that and not say who :)

PM me if u can't say publically!! really pleased for ya, u'll have a blast!
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Hi all,
I haven't posted a clip on here in ages... I fall guilty of just watching others' work and not sharing my own!
i hope this recent highlights clip of a beautiful couple and civil ceremony in a barn make up for it :)
I only noticed the star shine effect when it was just the groom in the shot. Otherwise is just blended in very well. I liked the color pallet you used. The champagne glass shot was unique. Very nice.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Pure positive video!
Music fits best. Compose features and amazing time-lapse with pan look neat and natural
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Lebedev View Post
Pure positive video!
Music fits best. Compose features and amazing time-lapse with pan look neat and natural
I was wondering abuot that time lapse with pan. How did you do that? Was that an HD frame that you just cropped down and keyframed the field fo view movement?
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:17 AM   #25
Major Player

hiya Jason,

I could have done that but it would have been a bit 2-dimensional. What I did was the whole painstakingly panning at a sloth's speed for a couple of minutes... sad i know but it was worth a try. i made sure too that my velbon fluid tripod head was tightened so i could keep the speed constant.

cheers
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:26 PM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
hiya Jason,

I could have done that but it would have been a bit 2-dimensional. What I did was the whole painstakingly panning at a sloth's speed for a couple of minutes... sad i know but it was worth a try. i made sure too that my velbon fluid tripod head was tightened so i could keep the speed constant.

cheers
Ahhh doing things the brute force "good 'ol fashioned way" That is pretty much how I operate. Well your method paid off quite well. It looked very slick.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Major Player

Hey Richard,

Nice work. What a cool venue!

Not a big fan of the 'star filter' effect ... I thought the slow motion confetti shot was awesome enough without the added effect.

My only real critique would be that the colour work was a bit inconsistent - i.e. some shots were processed really nicely and others looked quite raw. I mainly noticed this 'cause it's something I'm really trying to improve on as well.

Loved the shot of the bridal car pulling up - and the confetti shot (but without the star filter ;)

Cheers,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques