Oksana's Dream. A wedding trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 26th, 2008, 06:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Oksana's Dream. A wedding trailer

Andrew and Oksana's wedding day was out of the ordinary and I wanted to show it like a tale or a dream..

Appreciate any comments and opinions!

Small-size online
HD 720p online
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It was very dream like. It was also a unique place to shoot it. Did you shoot this before or after the wedding?
What did you use to make it?
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Mary!
This all was shot at wedding day with 2x XH-A1. But I had no aim to show all the material in trailer - here only few key shots to refresh couple's memory still keeping intrigue. The unique place is Kolomenskoe Park and Estate (http://www.moscow.info/parks/kolomenskoe-park.aspx) we had some kind of excursion there. And also some Old Russia traditions was a part of this excursion
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Is there any suggestions on color correction? Don't it too pale? I tried to imitate dream-like picture, maybe not this way?

Please share your opinions, it means much to me and I appreciate much any feedback!
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I think the entire clip doesn't really need to much color correction, especially because you're in a dream, so anything is possible.

The only scene i would change or remove would be at 1:14, it looks like the bride's vail got stuck on you shotgun mike or your camera for some reason,. other than that i like everything else

I don't know what you did to get that really nice teal background at 1:22, but it looks awesome.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Wilky View Post
I think the entire clip doesn't really need to much color correction, especially because you're in a dream, so anything is possible.

The only scene i would change or remove would be at 1:14, it looks like the bride's vail got stuck on you shotgun mike or your camera for some reason,. other than that i like everything else

I don't know what you did to get that really nice teal background at 1:22, but it looks awesome.
I think that was on purpose with the veil.

I really enjoyed that production. THe colors did seem just fine to me. If anything the dutch tilt at 1:40 was a little stuttered because the scenes starts on a stationary frame, and then you tilt, and then the tilt ends and holds for a second or so. I would slow it down a little and eliminate the pauses at teh start and end of that clip (just my opinion of course). I loved some of the colors involved with the flower petal scenes. I wish I could shoot that kind of a scene.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thank you, Carl!
I degraded a little original colors, but wasn't quite sure about, so appreciate your opinion!

As for a bride's vail you've almost guessed.. may be that was my or assistant's hand but mike though doesn't matter :) This shot associate me with dream, something unreal like old clothes and traditions..

Tiling background is just back lit gate (seen on previous shot)

Jason, thanks!
Maybe I took habit on moving shots from active motion and sports shootings.. don't know.. trying to moderate myself a little :) Will overlook this fragment. Actually I didn't like composition in next closup of dome too
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:12 AM   #8
Major Player

Hello,

i think the piece works.. it is very surreal and dream like.. I like your style..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques