You'll have fun watching this one! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 30th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

You'll have fun watching this one!

Hi guys! It's been a while since my last post here and I would just like to share a coverage that we did in the island of Boracay during a storm. But that's not the only thing that's special about this one, it's the super game family of the bride and groom who really shared their ideas and stuff that they wanted to do in video ever since.

The pre-wedding footages were done a day before the wedding. We just kept on shooting what they wanted us to shoot and directed a bit. We had a hard time thinking on how to put the footages together since the footages we've shot didn't make any sense at all.

Alvin spent the whole day editing this one and didn't have any time to shoot at all so here's the result! Enjoy!!!

http://www.mayadstudios.com/blog/?p=182
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Major Player

that was so exciting! very creative!
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Raphael,

You and the crew did a good job with this one. Very fun scenes in the beginning and you tied it together seamlessly. Thanks for sharing and love the storm shots as it shows how severe the storm was. You guys are nuts.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:33 AM   #4
Trustee

That's just great!
I'm trying to stay away from the skits, but it's fun for the family, and tis one done wery well,
great work!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Major Player

What a hoot!

That weather was CRAZY! Fun couple!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Inner Circle

That was great and it put a smile on my face which I needed today as i'm sick right now.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:52 AM   #7
Regular Crew

That was great.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Regular Crew

That was awesome, how much time went into that?

Ryan
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM   #9
Trustee

How did the camera survive all that salt water? Did you have an underwater housing or just a big plastic ziplock bag?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Hi Guys! Really really glad you enjoyed! :D

Ryan, Alvin started editing it during the preps while we were busy shooting, he finished this one early to the point that the dvds were ready before showtime!

Jason, it was more like rain water compared to salt water... hahaha! We didn't come ready for the storm shoot so before heading out, we just wrapped the body of the camera with plastic and sealed the front with masking tape! mwahahaha! It was really a good experience! I was on a natural high during that storm shoot!
Old July 31st, 2008, 01:58 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Words cannot describe how awesome that was. The editing was just absolutely superb, as was the entire concept. What an awesome SDE piece to show at a reception. Really liked the ending credits as well. Just awesome ...

I would say I was a bit confused early in the "story", but I think it's mostly because I don't know who was who and what exactly they were up to. When you revealed it was all a dream it was awesome, and the slight confusion I had early on was gone.

Seriously, though, no one should be allowed to do SDE's of this calibur. You guys rock!
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:29 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Crazy stuff, made by crazy people... I kid u not =D =D

I'd probably run away, instead of wrapping the camcorder with plastic and go shooting. Mayad rules!
Ian Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM   #13
Still Motion

I think you guys do awesome work and our constantly pushing the envelope in not only how you shoot but also what you can get done in a single day. With that increase in production value though, I think we as your audience need to look more critically at what your sharing if we are to be of any help.

So, with that being said, I personally thought this one really missed the mark. No I should clarify ahead of time in that the acting/skit idea isn't my thing and I try to avoid it as much as possible, so that certainly plays into how much I would enjoy something like this. However, when doing something like a skit ahead of time, I think things such as the color grading and audio quality should be much more top notch as you have more time to work with them both on the shoot and after, but I didn't find that in this case.

As always, you had some great shooting and I really liked your graphic overlays and how those were tied into the story and blended with the soundtrack.

Hope you don't mind the honest feedback. You guys get tons of praise whenever you share anything so I hope a comment from the other side is welcome as well.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Travis, Ian, Uber thanks guys! ^_^

Hi Pat! Of course your feedback is always welcome!
I truly believe you're right that things like this should be really well planned from the shooting down to color grading but the family really surprised us to what they want to happen upon meeting them the day before the wedding and we weren't really ready that's why given the circumstances and the experience of shooting a wedding during the storm, i'm really proud of this one.
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Fantastic video !!!
Great idea, great edit, beautifull shots....

AWSOME STUFF!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques