You'll have fun watching this one! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga View Post
Travis, Ian, Uber thanks guys! ^_^

Hi Pat! Of course your feedback is always welcome!
I truly believe you're right that things like this should be really well planned from the shooting down to color grading but the family really surprised us to what they want to happen upon meeting them the day before the wedding and we weren't really ready that's why given the circumstances and the experience of shooting a wedding during the storm, i'm really proud of this one.
And I think you should be proud of it. I admitted that the first part didn't tie together perfectly, but given the logistics of what you were doing I would say it's forgiveable. I can't imagine shooting and editing a piece like this all in one day, and with a tropical storm going as well. Hats off to you guys for pulling it off, even if it wasn't perfect. I'm sure the family/guests were blown away (and not by the storm, lol).
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Marko, Travis Thank you so much guys.
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #18
New Boot

Speaking as someone who has had a couple of years of practice working with "we just thought of this five minutes ago and we have one hour to put it together" video comedy sketches, I have to say you did a really awesome job.

The most important thing of course is that the family is going to treasure both the video and the experience of making it. This one was worth more than the money. Definitely one for the books.
Rich Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Hi Rich!

Whoa! thanks a lot dude!!!
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques