Trash the dress at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 15th, 2008, 03:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Trash the dress

What a beautiful shooting it was with our team savemoment.ru! Video was shot by Arthur Inamov and Andrew Melikov. We had a creative pair who has a wedding day 15.08.2008. Congratulations, Eugene and Nataliya!

Trash the dress on Vimeo
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #2
New Boot

That was... well that was just awesome.
Craig Demaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:58 AM   #3
Major Player

Genuinly lost for words....that was like watching a slideshow of the most beautiful photos...but film....

i thought the only thing out of place to this masterpiece was the 'blue shot' at 00:40

just to sum up: most professional photographers would be in awe of that, let alone videographers!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow... That was hot! That part where the dress was on fire while sitting in the lake.. just awesome!
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #5
Major Player

Wow! I'm in love ... that was just exceptional. Stunningly beautiful images and truly intimate moments.

Care to share what this was shot on? What did you use for the fish-eye shots?

Lovely work, can't wait to see more from you!

Cheers,

Matthew.
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #6
Regular Crew

hotness!
that was bold
Walter S. Chelliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Absolutely Stunning!
Reuben Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #8
Major Player

I loved it as well. I would love to know what they were saying, but visually stunning.

How did you get the dress to burn so nicely?
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #9
Inner Circle

The ending shot was absolutely perfect. Loved it!

Great editing and shots. Looks like the couple was very into creating something special with you ... that makes such a huge difference! Nice work!
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #10
Major Player

That had some of the nicest shots I've seen all year. I was blown away. the sky was PERFECT for your shoot and your grading was exceptional.

I also think that your first shot didn't fit quite with the sequence of shots following it. Could've been better by following the first shot with another walking wider shot, then cutting to the lying on the beach sequence, and they seemed a bit too bright compared to the rest of it.
The only other thing I'd suggest is to do the slow motion differently, either with twixtor, or Motion's Optical Flow. It was just too stuttery for my liking.

Other than those two things I think it was phenomenal and I can only hope to one day create such beauty.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thank you, guys!!! I really appreciate your comments!
This was shot on Sony EX1, Letus Extreme with Nikon 50mm f1.4, fisheye - Century Extreme for EX1.

I agree that the shot at 0:40 is out of place - many people said that. :))

Words in the video:
Girl: "Eugene, we've got acquainted with you more than 5 years ago, you've made me the happiest person on the earth. I remember our insults, I remember our grieves. But they passed so quickly, because we can trust each other. I will never forget how you've made me the proposal. It was the most romantic moment in my life... and not only mine, but also in other people lifes. I know that we have passed a very long way. I really happy that we can be together now and really happy that we will be together for ever. I promise to you that I will always be with you."
Boy: "You know, you're the unearthly person. I thank God that I've met you. To be with you nearby, to love you, to divide with you every minute... It probably the greatest pleasure for me. I promise to you that you will be the happiest. I love you."
Girl: "I really want a mutual understanding between us and that we never trusted other people but trusted only you and me.
Girl: "I want seven babies... Seven or eight?" Boy: "Well... maybe nine". Girl: "I love you so much..."

What about fire - we've poured gasoline over a veil so it was instantly lighted. :))

The time for editing in this work is only 2 hours with all post-production. So right now I would love to change some shots...

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem Kudrov View Post

The time for editing in this work is only 2 hours with all post-production. So right now I would love to change some shots...
Ok ... now you're just showing off :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques