Becoming a good Videographer? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #16
Wrangler

Denny everyone works differently but what really helped me was to simply surround myself in the event video world. Watch as many demos as you can and keep mental notes on what stood out. Study the way it was edited, the timing, and overall pacing.

I did this at first and was criticized for being a clone of other videographers- which, to be honest, was a compliement at the time. Over time you'll develop your own style. Part of it is exposure to others doing good work and another is simply experience. The more you do the more you will start hitting your creative stride.

As always try to find any local associations in your area and invest in any training material that you find suits your preferred style. I see you are from PA but probably not near Philly. The GPVA is a good group to be associated with. Lots of great talent to network with.
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #17
Major Player

I've never really understood what a videographer is. Is it a film maker that does weddings?
I'd suggest that looking at as much stuff as possible on somewhere like Vimeo would be useful.
Whatever, having an open mind and being prepared to learn, learn, learn seems the best way to improve.
Just my twopennyworth.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques