DVD Studio Pro designers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 21st, 2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Major Player

DVD Studio Pro designers

Does anyone know where I can find a DVDSP designer? I would like someone to design a couple of different menus for my company.

Thanks,

Chad
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Trustee

Chad,

Long time no talk. I'm too busy to get out these days, just saying hello.

Maybe try posting this same question on the Apple Discussions Forum at:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Forum Home

Wish I could offer more help but I don't know of anyone.

Oh and a while back you asked me about flash encoding on a mac. About a month or so ago I picked up VisualHub. Love it.

....but I just did a seach for it to give you to website and I see the little company that made it has ceased operations. Nevermind.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ethan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
Chad,
Oh and a while back you asked me about flash encoding on a mac. About a month or so ago I picked up VisualHub. Love it.

....but I just did a seach for it to give you to website and I see the little company that made it has ceased operations. Nevermind.
VisualHub's engine was based on open source apps and much of what it did is and always has been available in ffmpegx:

ffmpegX a DVD, SVCD, VCD, CVD, VOB, DivX, XviD, H.264, PSP, iPod, MP4, MOV encoder for Mac OSX

For Flash:
Load it up.
Drop you movie in the From field (ffmpegx likes self-contained movies best)
Change the To field to Flash Video. Will read FLV.
Click the Video tab.
In the Video Bitrate put in your target. The default will look crummy. 500 will be ok. I use 1000.
Put in your dimensions in the Video Size fields.
Change the Framerate to the framerate of your source.
Click the Audio tab.
Choose MP3 and adjust the bitrate. I use 128, Sampling at 441000, Stereo and CBR.
Click the Options tab.
Check these option boxes: High Quality, 4 motion vectors, Two-pass encoding

That's it. If you encode interlaced clips you can try clicking the Deinterlace filter in the Filters tab, but I've noticed some edge artifacts with that technique. Try it though - may work for you and save some time. Instead I export the clip I want to upload as a self contained movie and put it on an FCP timeline. Its here that I put on my watermark and place the TMTS Reduce Interlace Flicker filter on it with the the adjustable sliders on 5. Render, output as another self-contained file and use that in ffmpegx. Seems like a lot of work but it goes quickly. Quality is outstanding. Not as good as Episode, but the price is right.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Dyle View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a DVDSP designer? I would like someone to design a couple of different menus for my company.

Thanks,

Chad
I'm a good designer if all you need is for someone to create graphics and author a standard dvd menu with normal scripting. I can provide samples of menus I've created if you're interested.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques