A non wedding video preview. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM   #16
Trustee

Too much black at the beginning. Other than that, it was well done. The crushed blacks work for that whole special ops feel you were going for.

So with the helicopter shots, were you using some crazy good gyros, a Tyler mount, or some smoothcam in post casue as someone already said, those were nice and smooth.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #17
Major Player

Thanks a lot for all the great comments guys. I get a lot of inspiration from the videos on this board. So it means a lot to hear that the majority of you liked the edit.

Will... I used Livetype for the text in the video. I didn't do anything crazy. I combined the "throw right" and the "strange appearance" effects in that order. The line coming threw the middle was no more then an another text bar where I threw in some hyphens.

Louis... The 15 seconds in the beginning sucks, and is not supposed to be there. I forgot to set my in and out points and just haven't had the time to fix it yet.

Ethan... Like I said in my original post, i cant take any credit for shooting any of the video.
A good portion of the action shots was from a gyro stabilized cam from a helo rigged only for shooting video. The other stuff was shot by a guy in California with a broadcast camera.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Ethan... Like I said in my original post, i cant take any credit for shooting any of the video.
A good portion of the action shots was from a gyro stabilized cam from a helo rigged only for shooting video. The other stuff was shot by a guy in California with a broadcast camera.
Guess it helps to actually read your post doesn't it. Sorry bout that.

That would explain why they were so smooth.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #19
Major Player

Ethan,

No problem. I hope I didn't come off rude, that wasn't my intent. Yeah i was handed "gold" for this project. When they have all the gear to shoot major motion pictures it's pretty heard to screw the edit up.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Ethan,

No problem. I hope I didn't come off rude, that wasn't my intent. Yeah i was handed "gold" for this project. When they have all the gear to shoot major motion pictures it's pretty heard to screw the edit up.
You didn't come off as rude, I was just having a moment of self-chastisement.

Good footage, good music, and good narration make an edit east don't they. It almost puts itself together when you have all the right pieces.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques