Demo For Bridal Show at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Demo For Bridal Show

I am attending my first bridal show this Sunday, and I'd like to get some recommendations on what kind of clips to play.

As of right now, I am planning on showing my three favorite trailers. Two of them are about three minutes long and are pretty upbeat, and one of them is about four minutes long and is much slower (set to a film score).

I'm just curious how long brides typically stand around and watch the videos, and I'm wondering if I'd be better off nixing the slower-paced video.
Brandon Hammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Inner Circle

99% of the brides will try and walk right by. I suggest going with just one of the three videos .. your strongest one for catching their attention. I think a long, slow-paced video will not get you the results you want. Good luck!
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I would agree. Something upbeat and quick. Maybe put together a number of clips highlighting certain special shots and moments.

Put candy or something on the table for free to get them to stop and look!!

Jeff
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the input, guys.

I think I will go ahead and go with the strongest video of the three. Either that, or go ahead and put together a true demo with my best work, as Jeffery suggests.

I'm giving away a photo montage, so I'm hoping that will be a good enough excuse for them to stop and take a look.
Brandon Hammonds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques