Wedding SDE Using World of Warcraft Animation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Wedding SDE Using World of Warcraft Animation

At this wedding the groom requested part of "World of Warcraft" game to be part of his same day edit. Please keep on mind this is only the groom section of the SDE, not the bride.
Please let me know your comments.

SuperVision Productions, SVPvideo.net, New Jersey Wedding Cinematic Videographers, Cinemantic style videography

Thanks

Jose Dominguez
Jose Dominguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Trustee

Ah yes, the always romantic World of Warcraft wedding video. If only I had a nickel for every one of those I've done.

Actually, it does break the stereotype that W.O.W. players don't have girlfriends.

I give you points for being a little different, but take those points right back for terrible acting. Don't think that bridesmaid will be getting an Emmy any time soon.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Dominguez View Post
At this wedding the groom requested part of "World of Warcraft" game to be part of his same day edit. Please keep on mind this is only the groom section of the SDE, not the bride.
Please let me know your comments.

SuperVision Productions, SVPvideo.net, New Jersey Wedding Cinematic Videographers, Cinemantic style videography

Thanks

Jose Dominguez
That was great! I loved the setup, workign the ring into the game etc.

But minus points for a web site that only works in IE. :-)
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
That was great! I loved the setup, workign the ring into the game etc.

But minus points for a web site that only works in IE. :-)
Worked on my Mac just fine. I liked it =)
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 01:12 AM   #5
Inner Circle

That was ... different .. but fun. Nice work. I thought the acting was pretty darn good considering who you have to work with, lol.

Oh, and the website works in Firefox.
Old November 21st, 2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Trustee

I won't go so far as to say I liked it, what I admire about it is that it's something different.

It's kinda like when you see an artwork you don't really get, but you appreciate it for what it is... that's how I felt about this.

When the guy is dressing and through where the groomsmen leave the house I don't know if the shakeyness is intentional or just poor handheld technique but it bothers me. If you're using FCP, maybe throw a little smoothcam on there and see if that helps.

Where the guys are walking up the stairs to the church you didn't have to zoom and again it was a little wobbly.

Overall the whole thing needs a little extra something color wise. There's not a lot you can do with the footage of the guys on the computers since the rooms were dark, but the exteriors of the houses and the guys walking up to the church could be played with a good bit.

Everyone has a different style so I'm not going to harp on that, just which ever style is yours, be very careful to not cheese things up too much.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM   #7
New Boot

I thank you guys for your comments, I always learn from them. I have notice that most of the wedding videos are done to enhancing the bride. We are trying to work around that by creating a unique section for the groom (Bringing what he likes) and build it into the same day edit. It could be cheese but the bottom line for us it is what the groom likes. In reference to Ethan Cooper, with more time I could of have clean it up better, color corrected, better cuts, but Groom's section, Bride's Section and Ceremony were digitized, and edited after church and before dinner time. Best of all I charged an additional $1300.00 to the package and since I booked 5 more for 2009.

Jose Dominguez
Jose Dominguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Dominguez View Post
I thank you guys for your comments, I always learn from them. I have notice that most of the wedding videos are done to enhancing the bride. We are trying to work around that by creating a unique section for the groom (Bringing what he likes) and build it into the same day edit. It could be cheese but the bottom line for us it is what the groom likes. In reference to Ethan Cooper, with more time I could of have clean it up better, color corrected, better cuts, but Groom's section, Bride's Section and Ceremony were digitized, and edited after church and before dinner time. Best of all I charged an additional $1300.00 to the package and since I booked 5 more for 2009.

Jose Dominguez
Then your SDE did its job. congrats on the new bookings!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques