Shtgun? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Major Player

Shtgun?

So I have some cash and gift certificates from christmas. I have lav mics for events, but I also enjoy doing shorts on the side as a hobby. I'm looking into getting a shotgun mic setup, and wondering if it would be feasible for business, or if I should just plan on using it for my shorts. Any thoughts?

Chris
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Major Player

re

hey man i have this mic only , im looking to get wireless as im just getting into weddings

123AV - The High Desert's Premier Electronic Supplier - Audio-Technica Shotgun Mic

its and awesome mic, u pic up stuff your ears couldt hear. scary.

ive got 200 pound and suggestions for wireless for wedding?????
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Major Player

Honestly from what I've read here and heard from other videographers, wireless lavs can be finnicky- especially if you're buying on a budget. I recommend a couple of decent lavs (look around this and the audio board above for brand recommendations) and a couple recorders you can stick in the groom's/officiant's pockets so you don't have to worry about signal strength, distance, etc. I use minidisc recorders I got for 25 bucks a pop off ebay and they've worked fantastically well for me thus far. Good *temporary* solution for a non-existent budget.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques