wedding website templates - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 25th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #16
New Boot

Hey Brian,

Check out Show it sites on ShowitFast, Inc. - Home .......... Great Stuff!!

Mike
Mike Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

wow...that site looks great Mike! I think I just found my new site provider.It looks pretty cutomizable.It definitlily worth the money.

Ryan
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tucker View Post
Hey Brian,

Check out Show it sites on ShowitFast, Inc. - Home .......... Great Stuff!!

Mike
Is it a website where you build a site? or is it a software? html generator?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hey Brian,

No it's actually and editable flash site...I saw the flash files when they were going through a tutorial.It is more editable then the blu sites for sure.You can move the pics around add music,slide shows...the whole shooting match.I wish I would of seen this before plucking down the cash for my sight.

Ryan
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hey I just found this link off of theire site....even cooler MokaDesign - Flash Websites and Album Designs - Websites and Book Designs Home They will custom design a site for you.It looks pretty reasonable.

Ryan
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I have used icreations.com

They have a video add-on to their template system, and while it has some restrictions it has excellent SEO rankings and supports video with the add-on.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
There's a wedding website template service around here somewhere, anyone have the link? They're quite nice, for displaying pics and vids online.
Mike Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #22
New Boot

Hey Brian,

You can basically program your own site w/o any programing knowledge..... There are "canned" templates you can modify or use as is.. You should download it and try it; you are not charged until you want to publish the site. Probably the best feature is that you can update this site as you need, and it's really nothing more than drag and drop...

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
Is it a website where you build a site? or is it a software? html generator?
Mike Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
You should do a bit of research on Blu Domain before you buy from them. I know a few people who have used them with MAJOR issues.
I've been in touch with these guys over the last few days. I think they're not ready for prime time. They have a demo site that allows you to sample their interface. 4 attempts to provide a password were unsuccessful. They finally said the didn't know why and good luck. So I didn't get too far with them. Pass.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #24
Trustee

be careful with all flash sites made by templates, You may be invisible to Google and other search engines unless the coders provided a way to include site text outside of the flash interface (but Google can tell the difference between text that is "hidden" behind flash or text that is the main content).

Unless you only want visitors reaching your site via print ads or other directories, a search engine friendly web site is a big plus so that people can find you when searching for your services on Google, MSN, Live, Yahoo, etc.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #25
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
be careful with all flash sites made by templates, You may be invisible to Google and other search engines
Google is now indexing flash sites.

I don't use templates anymore, but one of the best sources I've found for price, selection and quality is Template Monster.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Going against the "grain"

I decided to purchase a template from BluDomain, despite the negative feedback I have seen everywhere... not just on here. The main complaint I have found everywhere is that their customer service sucks. Well, my site was just put together yesterday and I am having problems uploading video... BUT I was still getting quick response to all of my tech support questions until 1am last night. The are very quick to trouble shoot and resolve issues. I don't know much about flash videos... so I have a feeling I am the one screwing up here, but they are working to help! Not sure if this helps anyone, but I did want to put it out there for those that may be skeptical.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Blu-Domain guy here

I have a BluDomain site, and going on 2nd year now things have been quite smooth. The one time I did have to contact customer service they were quick to reply, though one issue was unresolvable after numerous tries. Kind of a simple issue but it couldn't be figured out.

I also host with them and haven't had much of any downtime (less then 1 day) and no complaints from customers.

They aren't the best websites in the world (best being a custom designed website built for your business), but they are priced appropriately for what you get.

Whatever a person chooses I just hope they look around, lot of choices out there now

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques