Such a thing as a 37 inch LCD bag? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Such a thing as a 37 inch LCD bag?

I am doing a lot of wedding fairs and have a brand new panasonic 37 inch LCD which is currently going to the fairs in its original cardboard box!

Is there anyone out there who makes protective bags for large LCD/plasmas for transportation? I need something made very well that i can slide the TV into and strap up and carry, even if it means two people carrying it.

I can't seem to find anything, although such a bag/case would be invaluable to people at fairs/expos.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Major Player

You best bet would be to find a seamstress, there should be plenty around, go out buy thick nylon material usually used in bags and have her sew them together for you, maybe reinforce it with cardboard/foam and you have yourself a good bag.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM   #3
New Boot

I wouldn't waste time with a bag. Look into a case for it. A company like Encore Cases or A&J Cases might already have a template for that monitor or could design a foam insert that fits it. It won't be cheap, but it will give you the best protection, keeping the TV safe from accidental impacts and keeping it clean as well.

Welcome to Encore Cases
Steve Sherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM   #4
New Boot

Here's an example

Flat Screen Plasma Cases
Steve Sherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #5
Trustee

I Just toss a blanket over mine and stick it in the back seat. Much cheaper.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for th einfo on cases but too heavy and bulky. A blanket is curretly being used. A seamsress is the likely course to take.

However i just found this which I will be chasing up today.
Soft Padded Bags - Stitched padded bag, protective bag for plasma screens soft bags for samples, TV monitors, TFT computer monitors, LCD screens, 36 inch and 42 inch plasma TV bags, flipcharts, bespoke custom made

Third pic down. I'll let you all know costs incase others are interested. If they are extortionate, out comes the wife's sewing machine!

Thanks
Steve
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #7
Major Player

Sams from the link above make a 37 inch custom made bag with carrying handles for £95+VAT. Good price and they are getting my order.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques