Just launched my new website. Thoughts? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #31
Major Player

I couldn't even view the site.

My browser picked up sex in the name and blocked it.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
I couldn't even view the site.

My browser picked up sex in the name and blocked it.
Hahaha!!!!!.

Funny you should say that, as my brochure is an A4 sheet folded down to A5, with WESSEX down one side, and it folds to say "SEX" across the top. When the printer called up he said he hadn't done the job because there was a terrible error. I knew straight away what he was on aboout and told him to go ahead and print. Needless to say it gets mentioned about every 5 minutes at a show as some girls hed straight for it to see what its about, while others are a bit more coy. Had one girl say to me, in front of her parents, "what's sex got to do with getting married?" I could hardly keep a straight face. Her mother said, "everything, dear".
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
One thing you should change is on your first page. You should never underline ANYthing on a webpage that is not a link.
Good point. Fixed.
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:52 AM   #34
Major Player

Steve- Quick question about your website, do you really replace all your cameras every year? What do you do with your used cams if you don't mind my asking?
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
Steve- Quick question about your website, do you really replace all your cameras every year? What do you do with your used cams if you don't mind my asking?
Yes I do. I sell them on ebay and get about 80% of my money back. So although I buy them its a sort of hire. However, I might change every 18 months from now on. I have now got myself up the camera ladder to EX3's and they seems extremely reliable and rock solid. Last thing we ever want is a camera to die on us at a crucial time. Touch wood, and with a spare camera for backup, I am covered from this ever happening.
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Major Player

Just thought I would give some feedback on the website since its launch three weeks ago.

I took on board some of your thoughts/recommendations and changed a few things. I also added a blog, which has been live for a few days and is already on the first page of Google when a search is done for videographers in this area. I have been updating it daily and from zero traffic it got 65 page visits yeasterday. Consideringits a wedding video blog for a certain area, its a "must have".

I can also report that I have picked up 5 confirmed ( deposits with me in the bank) bookings since the new site went up three weeks ago. These are people who have not met me, and just found me online, liked the site and called me up. Three of the five are out of the area but asked if I would travel. Of course I will provided they pay for a hotel overnight plus fuel, and the deal was done.

I know there's a couple of "niggles" with my site. The font is too small and I couldn't get the form to email me the message so removed it for now) buut I changed font size and the site looked like crap.

I am having a record year. I got two bookings today from a wedding fair and turned down three who wanted days already booked. Things are looking good and while my rivals have cut back on advertising and hide in their shell, I am reaping the rewards. Don't bury you heads in the sand. I will start a new thread with a few thoughts.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques