Bridal Extreme or Trash the Dress Video Ideas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bridal Extreme or Trash the Dress Video Ideas

I have 3 or 4 Brides that want to do a Extreme Wedding Video or a Trash the Dress type Video. Now all of these Brides are married and like the idea of doing something different with there dress. I would like any advise, tips, ideas or video sample you can share. I am going to wait until late spring to start shooting the videos so that it is a bit warmer for the ladies in the dress.

I will say that a couple of the ladies are on board full tilt with doing anything to the dress while the others want something sexy and dont care if the dress gets dirty just dont want to distroy the dress.

thanks!
Old February 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Is there an option to take them all 4 at once in one vid? Make it more girls-night-out type of production? No guys?
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Trustee

Philip - being a former Augusta boy myself I can think of a few places around town to take some girls.

The best one that comes to mind that would garner some attention if you can pull it off would be that the Masters is coming up soon. Any chance of getting a girl in her dress out there during the practice rounds? I don't know their rules on that but you might be able to get something during the practice rounds, as teenagers we did some shooting out there on a Tuesday with me in a ridiculous wig and jacket and they didn't kick us out so maybe... maybe...

Riverwalk would be a little cheesy, but you might be able to get a shot or two out of it.

Broad Street has (had) some interesting options. I'm sure if you get an adventurous girl out there you'll be able to wander into an interesting situation or two that would photograph well.

The spillway on the Savannah River out in Evans (can't remember what it was called) has several decent places to shoot. There's a gravel parking lot to the left as you enter the main gate where a rocky creek like thingie use to be that would make for an fun shot if the water is up and you can get a girl in there. There's also a rock wall down near where the canal meets the river, at the right time of day that would be nice.

On the South Carolina side there are some sheer rock cliffs on the river. They're maybe 20 feet high or so but would look really freaking cool with a girl on the rocks out in front of them. As I recall they were building some homes right near where they are at when I left town 13 or so years ago. Look for River Bluff Dr. off of Martintown Rd. I think that's how you could get back to them. No clue if they've restricted access to them or not, but if you could get a girl down there that would be unique.

What are the odds of getting a girl out to Ft. Gordon while they're drilling the soldiers in the early morning. The contrast of soldiers in formation doing their drills and a bride posing away might be fun, light would be good, and you'd have plenty of opportunity for some spontaneous moments. They can't be that strict out there, I mean come on, it's Ft. Gordon for crying out loud.

If you're up for a day trip, Savannah and Charleston aren't all that far away and would have way cooler places to shoot.

I've got a really kick arse idea for one, but the time of year has to be right and I'm not sharing it with anyone till I can finally pull it off. It's too good for someone to beat me to it. Sorry, but this one is all mine.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
Philip - being a former Augusta boy myself I can think of a few places around town to take some girls.

The best one that comes to mind that would garner some attention if you can pull it off would be that the Masters is coming up soon. Any chance of getting a girl in her dress out there during the practice rounds? I don't know their rules on that but you might be able to get something during the practice rounds, as teenagers we did some shooting out there on a Tuesday with me in a ridiculous wig and jacket and they didn't kick us out so maybe... maybe...
The Masters has become really strick, even practice round tickets are hard to come by, can only get them on a lottery system.

Quote:
Riverwalk would be a little cheesy, but you might be able to get a shot or two out of it.
Thought of that but I agree might/could be a little cheesy.

Quote:
Broad Street has (had) some interesting options. I'm sure if you get an adventurous girl out there you'll be able to wander into an interesting situation or two that would photograph well.
If you are refering to the lower end of broad street that could be some interesting shots. I had thought of doing some "back alley" shots, kind of an urban theme in the downtown area.

Quote:
The spillway on the Savannah River out in Evans (can't remember what it was called) has several decent places to shoot. There's a gravel parking lot to the left as you enter the main gate where a rocky creek like thingie use to be that would make for an fun shot if the water is up and you can get a girl in there. There's also a rock wall down near where the canal meets the river, at the right time of day that would be nice.
Savannah Rapids is definatly on my list of places to shoot. I know exactly where those water spillway is you are talking about. There is also a larger water fall/spill way on the Augusta side of the canal I might use. I have at least one bride who is willing to get wet with the dress so those are possible shots.

Quote:
On the South Carolina side there are some sheer rock cliffs on the river. They're maybe 20 feet high or so but would look really freaking cool with a girl on the rocks out in front of them. As I recall they were building some homes right near where they are at when I left town 13 or so years ago. Look for River Bluff Dr. off of Martintown Rd. I think that's how you could get back to them. No clue if they've restricted access to them or not, but if you could get a girl down there that would be unique.
I'll have to check that out thanks!!

Quote:
What are the odds of getting a girl out to Ft. Gordon while they're drilling the soldiers in the early morning. The contrast of soldiers in formation doing their drills and a bride posing away might be fun, light would be good, and you'd have plenty of opportunity for some spontaneous moments. They can't be that strict out there, I mean come on, it's Ft. Gordon for crying out loud.
That could be fun if it is pulled off with out pissing off anyone with rank!!!

Quote:
If you're up for a day trip, Savannah and Charleston aren't all that far away and would have way cooler places to shoot.

I've got a really kick arse idea for one, but the time of year has to be right and I'm not sharing it with anyone till I can finally pull it off. It's too good for someone to beat me to it. Sorry, but this one is all mine.
Not even a hint!!! I'll give you a contributing credit!!!!
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior View Post
Is there an option to take them all 4 at once in one vid? Make it more girls-night-out type of production? No guys?

Not sure I could get them to that - but I could try!
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

No one wants to share a trash the dress or bridal extreme video?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques