Coloring for weddings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Cavett View Post
For some reason MB Looks keeps calling out to me...

'Pick me....' it says. 'I'm easy. You'll love me. Order a pizza while I render and then come back and look how awesome I am.'

Color comes across to me as saying 'I'm awesome as well... once you spend the next 28 weeks figuring me out.'
I'm with you Blake ...& time is money. The more stuff I can accomplish inside FC the better.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #17
Major Player

An update... I ordered the NewBlueFX Video Essentials. Hard to beat at $80 bucks, so I figured... WHY NOT?

Once I spend more time with it I'll give a more thorough review... but I like it so far!
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #18
Trustee

Hey Patrick,
Mind sharing some of your FCP secrets, I would love my render times to reduce using MBL.

Cool
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #19
Major Player

Ooo patrick, is colour going to be a topic at reframe, please please please say it is.

Also try not to be too Adobe as some of us are still using vegas ;) although I think the methods are still the same. Does FCP or premier have some special colour thingys?
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #20
Major Player

And matt, how can anyone teach you about colour. Your work is by far some of my fav. Such vibrant colours and richness. Im not sure if I can re-create that here in the UK. On the footage we have where its clear skys and sunny the colours are great but for the other 364 days of the year we have typical british and no matter what I do it just still has a bit of a dull feeling to it. Unless I turn the skintones into some mutant shade of pink.

If your using MB which I touch on occasion (really do prefer using 3way, secondary colour and levels to start with) what do you tend to start with. No wait, tell me at the end of April :)
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:52 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mayer View Post
I'd start with FCP's own 3-way Color Correction filter. It can go a long way before you need something else.

You'll need some accurate/calibratable video monitoring facilities though, otherwise you're just pi**ing in the wind! :D

(I'm sure you know that the Canvas alone won't cut it when you're after color-correction - but some others reading this might not!)
That used to be true but not now, IMHO. The new inexpensive flat screen monitors available that have 100% + color gamut work just fine for color correction. It was a great day when I could banish my 13" CRT to the eBay pile...
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM   #22
New Boot

MB is the "easy button" in my opinion. However, the render times for me are absurd when working with HD. For that reason alone, I'm trying to get away from it.

For me and probably a lot of us here, efficiency is an important yet underrated part of our business operation. I'm trying to get more streamlined, and that has meant spending less time doing cc and less time rendering.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
hey matt

just wait till we get together - ill show you some mad FCP tips and tricks so you never have to think about MB again

P.
Cant wait till Feb Patrick exciting stuff Still Motion Downunder
Robert Bec is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques