Unfortunate wedding situation - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 20th, 2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I no longer differentiate, we shoot all our packages in HD so everyone gets a HD version of their wedding. So my sentiment echos everyone else's, I would just do it and give it to him as a gift (the HD version that is).
Gino Mancusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Riggs View Post
(A.)Fast forward to the present, the wedding is a week an 1/2 away and the video was clearly left as an after thought:

(B.)#2: They did not include their arrival and getting dressed in the original time allotment. I informed them that it would be a small increase for the extra time. He says he would like it covered but can't afford it, so just start an the original slotted time.

(C.) As other couples have told me, they will regret not having the entire day covered.
Any ideas on how to handle this delicate situation?
(A.) I agree with folks who say to always use your agreement/contract with friends even if the cost is only going to be $20 USD. Then at least they know exactly what is happening, and you will be there.

(B.) IMO, the getting dressed portion (when even applicable) is not film worthy and I only do it if asked. I don't know who dreamed filming this part up. Now many have bought into it, just none of my typically older 35-40 clients. Why don't we also cover their getting undressed too?

(C.) They will most likely love whatever they get. Don't worry about it.
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
(B.) IMO, the getting dressed portion (when even applicable) is not film worthy and I only do it if asked. I don't know who dreamed filming this part up. Now many have bought into it, just none of my typically older 35-40 clients. Why don't we also cover their getting undressed too?
I completely see your point, I mean none of those who are considered the best in our industry would even dream of wasting their time shooting such boring and useless stuff like the prep.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Just do it.... As for the bridal prep why not... Brides drool at the prep footage and it makes for a better film - especially if you are looking to showcase HD. If you are not editing the bridal prep into the film your nuts. Upsell the footage, if they don’t bite include it anyway as added value- pay it forward.

S
Steve Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
I completely see your point, I mean none of those who are considered the best in our industry would even dream of wasting their time shooting such boring and useless stuff like the prep.
hehehe all kidding aside (in case you cannot tell).....

If you havent' seen Mark & Trish, Stillmotion, Jason M., etc etc.... the best money shots are from the prep! Why? Because you have a chance to stage some very impressive shots!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:31 AM   #21
Wrangler

This thread reminds me of an old saying....

"It's better to make a friend out of a business associate, than a business associate out of a friend."

The message being that friendships can be ruined over business dealings.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques