Why not take some stills with the 5D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 18th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Why not take some stills with the 5D?

Many of you know I've been a proponent of the Canon 5DMKII ever since we started working with it in November of last year. It seemed inevitable that we would eventually start offering photography and even though we're easing our way into it, I thought I'd post some pics and a short 5D Glidecam clip for some visual inspiration for those of you thinking of offering photo/video yourselves.

Melissa & Kevin’s Cuban Wedding :
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The very thing the still shooters are afraid of.... nice job on the stills and the clip I saw !
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #3
Major Player

I like having a photographer around, usually I'm so into filming that I can't switch over into photographer mode. Having a photographer around takes a lot of the attention away from me and allows me to capture a more natural side of the couple. I was a photographer before I went into video, I believe in order to be truly amazing at what I do I need to specialize, taking photos and filming are two different things seen from different perspectives, doing both at the same time is compromising quality in my opinion. From a business point, being a photographer and a videographer in one is not good for business as most of my referrals come from photographers, in many cases photographers are my best clients.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Bruce, great idea, can do that in video mode, have to check focus more carefully since there is no auto focus, I took a few still shots here and there, plan to do that more often.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques