My First Wedding (part 1) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 17th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My First Wedding (part 1)

Quote:
It all started a few months ago when my mom, (along with the rest of our family), was invited to the wedding of a co-worker and friend. It was during this time my mom did what she's always done, she took a role in helping me realize my creative ambitions, she suggested to her friend that I do her wedding video.

A meeting was arranged and I discussed my ideas for the video. During the weeks leading up to the meeting I contacted local rental houses and read various personal experiences from professional and amateur wedding videographers. DVinfo.net was a particularly useful resource. – I decided to rent a Sony PD-150 based on the constant praise the camera received within the DVinfo community.
I have posted the full article on my web site because the formatting of the page is easier to read.

VectorMatrix
Old September 17th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Great story, thanks for sharing, would be waiting for the continuation.
Left you a few coments on it on your site.

regards, Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #3
Major Player

That sounded like a nightmare day, weddings aren't for the faint hearted, I'm sure you've realised that by now :)

John.
John Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2003, 11:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I did a few wedding as an official photographer - lots of preparation shold be done no matter how experienced you're.
Fortunately I realized that and tried to do everything I wasn't sure prior to the big day (begun actually a few weeks before that), includign inquiring exact route and hours or the cortege, locations, visiting the locations several times at the estimated daytime of the action prior to the wedding to evaluate comositions, angles and lighting, testing the films for particular conditions and most improtant - be sure to have spare gear for everything.
(For a photograpger - two bodies, three lenses (two main and one tele), two flashes, lots of film, several fresh spare batteries for both cameras and flashes,...)

Not being able to acquire (lend from a friend of mine) spare equipment I wouldn't even considering to agree to do the wedding. During last Brit-Mila events I had battery failure right in the middle of ceremony, luckily had a fresh new in my bag...)

Regards, Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques