DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Digital Juice Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/235050-digital-juice-audio.html)

Peter Rush May 10th, 2009 08:08 AM

Digital Juice Audio

Hi...

How many of you are using Digital Juice StackTraxx audio for your productions and how is the music recieved? I'm sort of tempted, but when you add on the customs charge and postage to the UK they're not cheap. Plus you can't buy individual tracks as far as I can see.

Cheers

Pete

Shaun Roemich May 10th, 2009 08:25 AM

I own a ton of DJ product. The key to get it SUPER cheap is taking advantage of the bundle deals: I think for StackTraxx it's 10 units for $149 USD or something. Plus shipping, plus import fees... I NEVER buy individual units unless they are on sale ($1 Editor's Toolkit Pro Singles this weekend for instance...) and even then I group my shipping.

Eric Darling May 10th, 2009 10:23 AM

Likewise - but specifically speaking about the quality of StackTraxx, I haven't been able to match the production quality at the bundle deal price points from any other company ever. I use it all the time, and since most discs have 20 or so different themes, it's a steal, and I'm never re-using tracks with the same client.

It depends on your productions - I would say it's not sufficiently unique music for full-blown corporate productions where the budget supports a custom track. But most of my productions don't have that sort of budget, and my clients have been perfectly satisfied with StackTraxx in those cases.

Travis Cossel May 10th, 2009 10:53 AM

For the money, it's good stuff. My issue with DJ music is that it's like all the other stock music out there in that it was created electronically. It has that MIDI electronic sound to it .. not nearly as bad as a lot of other stuff out there, but you can tell that you're not hearing real instruments.

I would use it for small corporate projects, but not anything where the quality of the music is paramount and the budget allows for something better.

Chris Davis May 10th, 2009 05:05 PM

I have approximately 50 volumes of Digital Juice StackTraxx. As has been mentioned by a couple posters, it's primary application is small budget corporate type video. Since that's the type of work I generally do, I think it's a great product. Fortunately, I'm in the USA, so I don't get the exorbitant shipping and taxes that international buyer have to pay.

I thought DJ had a distributor in the UK - have you checked? It might save you some money.

Shaun Roemich May 11th, 2009 08:55 AM

Further to what Travis says, what I normally do with the StackTraxx stuff is remove the more MIDI-ish sounding tracks and just leave the elements which sound a little more acoustic, which normally means removing the percussion.

Peter Rush May 13th, 2009 12:18 PM

OK I'm sold - I'll put in a bulk order therby minimising the postage, and I'll just have to stomach the exorbitant customs charge. I just want to give my customers the option to reduce the price of their wedding video a little (price of the PRS licence) if they want to, by using royalty free music instead.

Can you recommend some volumes that would be good for weddings (both contemporary and traditional)?

Thanks for your help.

Pete

Travis Cossel May 13th, 2009 12:53 PM

I got the romantic volumes as well as both cinematic volumes.