Digital Juice Audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Digital Juice Audio

Hi...

How many of you are using Digital Juice StackTraxx audio for your productions and how is the music recieved? I'm sort of tempted, but when you add on the customs charge and postage to the UK they're not cheap. Plus you can't buy individual tracks as far as I can see.

Cheers

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
I own a ton of DJ product. The key to get it SUPER cheap is taking advantage of the bundle deals: I think for StackTraxx it's 10 units for $149 USD or something. Plus shipping, plus import fees... I NEVER buy individual units unless they are on sale ($1 Editor's Toolkit Pro Singles this weekend for instance...) and even then I group my shipping.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Likewise - but specifically speaking about the quality of StackTraxx, I haven't been able to match the production quality at the bundle deal price points from any other company ever. I use it all the time, and since most discs have 20 or so different themes, it's a steal, and I'm never re-using tracks with the same client.

It depends on your productions - I would say it's not sufficiently unique music for full-blown corporate productions where the budget supports a custom track. But most of my productions don't have that sort of budget, and my clients have been perfectly satisfied with StackTraxx in those cases.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Inner Circle

For the money, it's good stuff. My issue with DJ music is that it's like all the other stock music out there in that it was created electronically. It has that MIDI electronic sound to it .. not nearly as bad as a lot of other stuff out there, but you can tell that you're not hearing real instruments.

I would use it for small corporate projects, but not anything where the quality of the music is paramount and the budget allows for something better.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Trustee

I have approximately 50 volumes of Digital Juice StackTraxx. As has been mentioned by a couple posters, it's primary application is small budget corporate type video. Since that's the type of work I generally do, I think it's a great product. Fortunately, I'm in the USA, so I don't get the exorbitant shipping and taxes that international buyer have to pay.

I thought DJ had a distributor in the UK - have you checked? It might save you some money.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Further to what Travis says, what I normally do with the StackTraxx stuff is remove the more MIDI-ish sounding tracks and just leave the elements which sound a little more acoustic, which normally means removing the percussion.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Inner Circle

OK I'm sold - I'll put in a bulk order therby minimising the postage, and I'll just have to stomach the exorbitant customs charge. I just want to give my customers the option to reduce the price of their wedding video a little (price of the PRS licence) if they want to, by using royalty free music instead.

Can you recommend some volumes that would be good for weddings (both contemporary and traditional)?

Thanks for your help.

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I got the romantic volumes as well as both cinematic volumes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques